Tasty Canadians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I have a hankering for Poutine now... Just saying.

What is poutine?
Generally it is french fries, topped with brown gravy, and cheese curds. Tasty? Yes!
Poutine.JPG

Thanks, sleepwalker. Looks...different. But if it's fries with gravy it sounds fine. What do the cheese curds taste like? Sorry for the stupid question, but the closest I've seen to that is the cheese in Indian food.

Our hockey league just released those (Nashville Predators) but we use sausage gravy down here, so they replaced the brown gravy with sausage gravy. I'll have to go out to a game and try some!
When I do order those and sit down to eat, I'm going to take a bite and say loudly "That's one tasty Canadian!"

View attachment 129
A heart attack waiting to happen! In my 20's I used to haunt the Irish bars. After the bars closed at 4:30 we would go get an Irish Fry. It's a rasher (bacon), beans, fries and of course, the black and white pudding. Black pudding and white pudding is blood sausage. It sounds gross, but it's also heaven! A friend of mine once described the Irish Fry as "A heart attack waiting to happen"! That phrase has always stayed with me.

Last edited:
Our hockey league just released those (Nashville Predators) but we use sausage gravy down here, so they replaced the brown gravy with sausage gravy. I'll have to go out to a game and try some!
When I do order those and sit down to eat, I'm going to take a bite and say loudly "That's one tasty Canadian!"

View attachment 129
:D:D

Ooh, and sausage gravy, even better!

A heart attack waiting to happen! In my 20's I used to haunt the Irish bars in Sunnyside and Woodside, Queens. After the bars closed at 4:30 we would go get an Irish Fry. It's a rasher (bacon), beans, fries and of course, the black and white pudding. Black pudding and white pudding is blood sausage. It sounds gross, but it's also heaven! A friend of mine once described the Irish Fry as "A heart attack waiting to happen"! That phrase has always stayed with me.
Reminds me of "The Heart Attack Grill". All of their food is bad for you. The burgers are "single bypass" for a single burger, "double bypass" for a double burger, etc.

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

And no, I've never been there, just saw it on TV one time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.