Taste Test

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
93994250_3600726849989354_7790399315721060352_o.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
YES! Yes I can! The Pepsi is sweeter and has more carbonation. And it's also what I drink in diet form.

And the hubs....I once handed him my glass by mistake. Oy vey....he drinks Coke and man....talk about a spit across a room! I've been very careful ever since cuz I've never stopped hearing about it...and it's been 20 years! lol

Yes,I always liked Coke more but now drink Coke No Sugar as normal coke is a bit rough on the stomach.I think after seeing it take 20 year old oil stains off a garage floor I thought twice about it.

YES! Yes I can! The Pepsi is sweeter and has more carbonation. And it's also what I drink in diet form.

And the hubs....I once handed him my glass by mistake. Oy vey....he drinks Coke and man....talk about a spit across a room! I've been very careful ever since cuz I've never stopped hearing about it...and it's been 20 years! lol

Remember when Coke tried to taste more like Pepsi when they introduced "New Coke"? What a PR disaster that was for Coke.

The ones I most miss are Diet Coke with lemon and, most of all, Vanilla Coke, which was mid way between Coke and Cream Soda. Sadly, too good for this world.

There have been some heavy duty marketing ploys by the various soft drink companies. 7Up's "uncola" ploy during the late 60s/early 70s was meant to cash in on the counter culture of the time. If you look at their commercials, everyone drinking 7Up liked like they were straight out of Haight-Ashbury. Coke countered with their "I'd like to but the world a Coke" commercial to try to grab a piece of that action. Then Pepsi came up with the "Pepsi Generation" campaign aimed at the same demographic. I think Dr Pepper did something similar, but I can't remember their angle.

Can absolutely tell the different. As a kid, my whole family was Team Pepsi. Once I tried a Coke, I didn’t go back. However at heart I’m a Dr. Pepper.

In any case, I stopped drinking sodas more than 35 years ago. I only have one maybe every four months. I left Dr. Pepper for Dr. Grigio.

Yes. Coke is harder. Pepsi is soft. I wouldn't smoke a Marlboro with a Pepsi, but I would with a Coke. Though when it comes to the diet version, oddly I prefer Pepsi. In any case, I don't smoke and am never on a diet.

Remember when Coke tried to taste more like Pepsi when they introduced "New Coke"? What a PR disaster that was for Coke.
I was on a flight with two friends. One of them engaged the flight attendant in a New Coke taste test. She brought each of us two cups. One with New Coke and one with the original classic. All three of us correctly identified what was in each cup. I'll bet that never happens anymore.

Mrs Critter drinks Coke. Her father drank only Pepsi. Rebellion girl ? :) I drink Coke when I get an upset stomach. Otherwise I don't drink Carbonated drinks. Can I tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi - no.