Talk Radio or music?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What's on your radio when you drive? Talk radio or music? And if it's music, do you sing along as you drive? (I tend to give a whole concert tour as I drive! lol) Ever look sheepishly over at a stop light and find you have an audience for your singing? Do you stop or just keep singing?

If you're a talk radio person, do you ever talk back?

Reactions: Lynne and Mokey
Music all the way. Best place to sing as loud as I want without dogs howling...my kids on the other hand, well one sings with me, one puts on ear buds, and the other two just ignore me and play.

Reactions: Paintman
In the mornings, its usually all news radio. In the afternoon, its music. A long drive means that I play something from my phone (either talk or music depending on my mood) so that I don't have to fiddle with radio knob. I could get XM-Sirius, but I am too cheap.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
of course, you gotta yell at that "idiot caller" or "idiot talk host"
hehe...same here! Most of the time I'm singing along with the XM, Anything from the 60's thro the 80's is good, with the occasional flip over to the indie station to see what's up there.

Reactions: Paintman
If it's a road trip I hook my phone up through Bluetooth and hit random on my playlist. Over six hundred songs and somehow it manages to play the same ones each trip. That's why my daughter sings along with The Beatles and Mr. Cash...she's heard them so many times!

Yes, I talk back. Examples:
Michael Savage - "You don't know this but......" I say, "Yes I do, better than you. You left out major key points, Shmuck."
Glenn Beck - "Stop using SJW PC tactics against voters who don't support Ted Cruz." (I like Cruz, but not adolescent attacks.)
Michael Medved, Mike Gallehger - " Stop being too fair, it's boring" (I'm a complicated guy:confused:.)
Rush - Naw, I listen politely, and sometimes golf gallery clap.
Sports talk radio - Oh, these tools are hypocrisy on display, often within the same hour. "Hey, you never played sports and you throw like a girl."
Catholic Talk Radio - When I disagree I get frustrated, knowing that, that Archbishop/Priest/Philosophy Professor is 10X smarter than me.
Local Talk Radio - Debi, this is WJOB out of Hammond. The hosts are a bunch of vapid Vinnies on parade. I listen when I need my self esteem raised.
Local Music radio, we have a small station w/ real DJ's switching every few hours. You can hear Sinatra, Tommy Dorsey, Michael Jackson, The Beatles, and early 70's R&B&Soul, all within the same show. Very really super cool :cool:. (Debi, out of South Chicago Heights, by the Ford plant.)
Alice Cooper Radio show - :)

Yes, I talk back. Examples:
Michael Savage - "You don't know this but......" I say, "Yes I do, better than you. You left out major key points, Shmuck."
Glenn Beck - "Stop using SJW PC tactics against voters who don't support Ted Cruz." (I like Cruz, but not adolescent attacks.)
Michael Medved, Mike Gallehger - " Stop being too fair, it's boring" (I'm a complicated guy:confused:.)
Rush - Naw, I listen politely, and sometimes golf gallery clap.
Sports talk radio - Oh, these tools are hypocrisy on display, often within the same hour. "Hey, you never played sports and you throw like a girl."
Catholic Talk Radio - When I disagree I get frustrated, knowing that, that Archbishop/Priest/Philosophy Professor is 10X smarter than me.
Local Talk Radio - Debi, this is WJOB out of Hammond. The hosts are a bunch of vapid Vinnies on parade. I listen when I need my self esteem raised.
Local Music radio, we have a small station w/ real DJ's switching every hour. You can hear Sinatra, Tommy Dorsey, Michael Jackson, The Beatles, and early 70's R&B&Soul, all within the same show. Very really super cool :cool:. (Debi, out of South Chicago Heights, by the Ford plant.)
Thank you for adding the local "color" for me, Paint! ;):)

What's on your radio when you drive? Talk radio or music? And if it's music, do you sing along as you drive? (I tend to give a whole concert tour as I drive! lol) Ever look sheepishly over at a stop light and find you have an audience for your singing? Do you stop or just keep singing?

Half and Half
If I am alone in the car, I usually listen to Italian Opera and I DO sing along - loudly lol...
If I have family in the car, I usually listen to ABBA, Simon and Garfunkel, Queen, Barbra Streisand, John Denver etc... and we ALL sing along.
If it is me and my wife, we listen to talk radio. And sometimes I yell back at some of the idiot statements lol...

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi