Superstitions?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Do you have a silly superstition that you do before doing something important or scary?

SUPERSTITIOUS-meme-target-walleye-fishing.jpg

Whenever I get on or off a plane I always put my hand on the body just outside the door and give the plane a little pat. It's kinda my way of telling the plane "please" and "thank you" for a safe trip.

I don't think this one is superstition, but whenever I get in the car I always look in the backseat to make sure there's nothing/nobody back there who's not supposed to be there...just in case.

Not really superstitious, but before i leave for a longer road trip, i plan out a specific music playlist i feel is suited for it. Kind of sets the mood to get the ball rolling. I agree with Steve, any time getting off a plane is worthy of a thumbs up ;)

For several years, I traveled very frequently with my boss. Great guy who had lead an amazing life, including flying combat during the Vietnam War.

Every time we'd return from a trip, as soon as we cleared the jet way, he'd say, "Cheated death again." To this day, when we travel, I have Mrs Duke trained to say those exact words after we exit an airplane.

I never kiss anyone goodbye twice, it's once or three times. Always say touch wood and do it to stop anything bad happening. My grandma who was half Jamaican had so many superstitious sayings or actions it's a wonder she left the house, lol.

I never kiss anyone goodbye twice, it's once or three times. Always say touch wood and do it to stop anything bad happening. My grandma who was half Jamaican had so many superstitious sayings or actions it's a wonder she left the house, lol.
None of my business, but....is the kiss superstition two kisses, or an even number of kisses? Either way, is that an Oz thing, or something you picked up from your Jamaican gran?

None of my business, but....is the kiss superstition two kisses, or an even number of kisses? Either way, is that an Oz thing, or something you picked up from your Jamaican gran?
I don't know where that one started, I do remember mum telling me to put an uneven number of kisses on birthday cards but my take is two is bad luck and I stick to it. Thanks for bring that up Duke, it must be the uneven thing I got it off.