Sunday Chat Thread

They did! Music and actions conveyed what words couldn't. A totally different mind set.
I enjoy it when I am into the movie enough to know what the dialogue would be, or I know what is going to pop up on the caption.

My Great grandfather was a organ player for the theater. Some one in the family used to have some of his score sheets he played from. Not sure what happened to them

Reactions: T-Bob
I enjoy it when I am into the movie enough to know what the dialogue would be, or I know what is going to pop up on the caption.
I can understand, how, before talkies, these captivated the public. I especially like Fatty Arbuckle, Al St. John. Lon Chaney and William Hart.

Reactions: 7Critter
I can understand, how, before talkies, these captivated the public. I especially like Fatty Arbuckle, Al St. John. Lon Chaney and William Hart.
And, let's not forget Tom Mix and Tom Tyler. Both of which made it into sound films. Tom Tyler being the star of Captain Marvel!

I like Buster Keaton, and Charlie Chaplain. Chaplain could get tedious though. Harold Llyoyd was another. Oh and Joe E. Brown

That kick flip captain marvel did on that first episode was killer. I bet he really did that, no green screen or wires back then

I like Buster Keaton, and Charlie Chaplain. Chaplain could get tedious though. Harold Llyoyd was another. Oh and Joe E. Brown
Buster Keaton's films didnt need sound he had talent.

I wonder if people would actually boil old leather boots like they showed in Chaplin's films.

Reactions: T-Bob