Suggestions for remembrances

I am sorry for your loss, Wands! IMO, a homemade ritual from the heart is best in circumstances like these. Maybe a few momentoes to honor the passed one, candles and incense, and a heartfelt prayer that they should move on to a place of love and light.
Great points Garnet. Thanks for the reminder that homemade can be better than off-the-shelf. He loved to tinker with anything - he had many hobbies - he built a clock with chimes and he even made his own bullets. I think I should weave his creative tinkering into my honoring too.

Mentioning in my response to Critter than my GF has two sisters also reminds me that she has eight aunts who have passed too. I think I’ll do something to call on that big family energy. He’s headed into a big batch of feminine energy. I’ll ask my parents to receive him too. Our parents never met here on Earth but one of her eight aunts knew both of my parents.

Sorry about your girl's dad, Wands. When someone passes in my family we celebrate their life with a private party and talk about the good and funny times we had and look through old photo's. I wonder what neighbors and outsiders think when hearing the laughter coming from the departed's relatives, I don't think many understand that it's the love they left behind for us that we celebrate.
Absolutely Oz - I appreciate your families spirit. Her Dad had a martini in the early evening every day until just three days before his passing. I think I can use the actions in brewing a batch of martinis for the adults there as steps in my own remembrance. If everyone else seems strong enough at that moment, I’ll consider sharing my thoughts at each step aloud rather than keeping my prayers to myself.

We’ll be together at his home in the mountains so I think hopeful sounds like laughter won’t need to bother any neighbors.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
Absolutely Oz - I appreciate your families spirit. Her Dad had a martini in the early evening every day until just three days before his passing. I think I can use the actions in brewing a batch of martinis for the adults there as steps in my own remembrance. If everyone else seems strong enough at that moment, I’ll consider sharing my thoughts at each step aloud rather than keeping my prayers to myself.

We’ll be together at his home in the mountains so I think hopeful sounds like laughter won’t need to bother any neighbors.
That sounds like a good idea Wands, I feel they will appreciate your caring and understanding.

Reactions: Selectric and Debi
My condolences for the loss. I agree with OZ, a private party to celebrate his life. A gathering can help lift some of the heaviness of loss and reflecting on i'm sure his many achievements through his life will give him a respectful send off to what's next.

My condolences at your family's loss, my dear friend. I've attached a link here with a few ideas.

The Celebration of Life goes with almost every religious belief. A remembrance of all the good times helps family hold close the memories and remember the one who has passed on without infringing on any religious or non religious beliefs. You can release him and offer safe passage to the Summerland while the non-religous part of the family can "release" him to the Universe in memory. Using the memory stick and passing it person to person can help facilitate memories to be shared.

Depending on where you hold the service, flowers released on the water is always good if you are outside near a lake.

Go from your heart, Wands. Follow what you know and believe, and the service will surely be one that will provide all with what is needed.
Thank you again Debi for the ideas. The link is especially interesting Including short descriptions for processes and ceremonies. I felt uplifted while reading then realized that there is a face of a smiling woman in the background.

• PrayingHands
Reactions: Debi
My condolences for the loss. I agree with OZ, a private party to celebrate his life. A gathering can help lift some of the heaviness of loss and reflecting on i'm sure his many achievements through his life will give him a respectful send off to what's next.
You’re probably right - even just announcing the list of his hobbies will be a meaningful and lightening reflection.

Reactions: Selectric
Wands, I am most sincerely sorry for your loved ones loss. Sending my love to you both. The idea of sharing memories and pics is a good way to celebrate his life.

Wands, I am most sincerely sorry for your loved ones loss. Sending my love to you both. The idea of sharing memories and pics is a good way to celebrate his life.
Hi Lynne - thank you so much. I know you as a caring soul so it’s especially meaningful for me that you would share your support.

Everyone here has contributed ideas. I hope it doesn’t sound selfish that my martini idea is really starting to tug at my heart a lot.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi