Strange UFO over Israel

I must admit, that a new one on me. To the best of my recollection, I never remember seeing a photo or video of a UFO like that. First impression was it kinda looks like a Romulan battlecruiser.

I will say it's a bit suspicious the object appears absolutely fixed in space. It also looks like there was a haze or fog at altitude through the video was taken. Or it could be glare. Hard to tell what's behind the UFO.

Looking at Hadera on Google Earth, it's a coastal town about 25-30 miles south of Haifa. (There was a terror attack in Hadera just a day or two before this video was alleged to have been taken.) More interestingly, it's just a few miles west of a major Israeli air and surface to air missile base. That base is also the control center for IAF drones. (Information on the base is from Wiki, the Israelis are extremely serious about operational secrecy and notoriously tight lipped about weapon systems basing.) Difficult to believe something like that could have gotten within just a few air miles of a major Israeli airbase and just sat there without being intercepted and/or fired on. The Israelis are understandably of the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality.

The other thing that crossed my mind after having watched the video multiple times is the layout of the light pattern formed looks like illuminated filaments in an old/early incandescent light bulb. (See below. Not a perfect match, but you get the idea.) A hoax perpetrated by photographing some type incandescent bulb, or some computer wizardry to simulate it? That would explain the stationary nature of the object and no military reaction by the IAF.

25w_filament_mini_globe_1.jpg

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
I must admit, that a new one on me. To the best of my recollection, I never remember seeing a photo or video of a UFO like that. First impression was it kinda looks like a Romulan battlecruiser.

I will say it's a bit suspicious the object appears absolutely fixed in space. It also looks like there was a haze or fog at altitude through the video was taken. Or it could be glare. Hard to tell what's behind the UFO.

Looking at Hadera on Google Earth, it's a coastal town about 25-30 miles south of Haifa. (There was a terror attack in Hadera just a day or two before this video was alleged to have been taken.) More interestingly, it's just a few miles west of a major Israeli air and surface to air missile base. That base is also the control center for IAF drones. (Information on the base is from Wiki, the Israelis are extremely serious about operational secrecy and notoriously tight lipped about weapon systems basing.) Difficult to believe something like that could have gotten within just a few air miles of a major Israeli airbase and just sat there without being intercepted and/or fired on. The Israelis are understandably of the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality.

The other thing that crossed my mind after having watched the video multiple times is the layout of the light pattern formed looks like illuminated filaments in an old/early incandescent light bulb. (See below. Not a perfect match, but you get the idea.) A hoax perpetrated by photographing some type incandescent bulb, or some computer wizardry to simulate it? That would explain the stationary nature of the object and no military reaction by the IAF.

View attachment 39126
Duke you are clever. I would not have thought of this possibility. This is certainly an odd one. The guy taking the video needed to stop moving. It was hard to focus in on it. I wanted to yell at him.

Duke you are clever. I would not have thought of this possibility. This is certainly an odd one. The guy taking the video needed to stop moving. It was hard to focus in on it. I wanted to yell at him.
I'd like to find someone who speaks (what I think is) Hebrew to translate what's being said. I thought about stopping by a local synagogue and asking for a translation, but Mrs Duke convinced me otherwise.

Reactions: Lynne
I've seen that sort of thing before.

Are there any mountains or hills near there? Looks like a fire on a distant mountain or hillside seen through fog or smoke. A not-unfamiliar sight here in Southern California.

Last edited:
I've seen that sort of thing before.

Are there any mountains or hills near there? Looks like a fire on a distant mountain or hillside seen through fog or smoke. A not-unfamiliar sight here in Southern California.
I think you solved it it dose seem to flare up on edges and center at times .
Just wondering if the shaped are man made fires in Hebrew or Arabic saying or representing something .

Screenshot_20220405-092216_Earth.jpg

Here's a 3D Google Earth photo from the seacoast of Israel to the east into Jordan. Hadera is just visible on the upper left and has an elevation of only about 150 ft. Looking just south of east from Hadera at the extreme edge of the photo is the Jordanian town of Ajloun. The distance from Hadera is about 70 miles and Ajloun's elevation is about 2400 ft . There is clearly mountainous terrain the better part of that distance between Hadera and Ajloun, and it looks like that terrain starts about 20 miles east of Hadera. For example, the town of Jenin is just under 1000 ft elevation.

So yes, there are mountains within 15-20 miles of Hadera to the east. Doesn't appear to be a lot of greenery out there, however, so it's doubtful we're looking at a forest/wild fire like you are use to seeing. A man made fire as DD suggested? Maybe.

I like your explanation, especially since you've had eyes on that explanation in CA. I am curious though, from what distance did you see the Southern California mountain fires?

This explanation makes me want to find someone to translate the conversation even more now. If we hear one of them saw something like, "Look at that ?#*@% fire," we know you're right.

Good job, Crux.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220405-090445_Earth.jpg
    Screenshot_20220405-090445_Earth.jpg
    669.4 KB · Views: 65
I like your explanation, especially since you've had eyes on that explanation in CA. I am curious though, from what distance did you see the Southern California mountain fires?

The thing is we don't really know where that video was shot. Since they seem to be pulling our leg, they could say it was shot anywhere.

But, I've seen fires on mountains that were about 5-10 miles away. We don't know how big the fire is so it could be closer or further away than that, of course. But, I do think that's what it is.

The climate in that region is similar to our climate here so I imagine they have similar wildfires. You can't always tell about the foliage. It changes with the seasons. Our mountains look bare from a distance too but they still have lots of fires. There could also be structures burning.

The thing is we don't really know where that video was shot. Since they seem to be pulling our leg, they could say it was shot anywhere.

But, I've seen fires on mountains that were about 5-10 miles away. We don't know how big the fire is so it could be closer or further away than that, of course. But, I do think that's what it is.

The climate in that region is similar to our climate here so I imagine they have similar wildfires. You can't always tell about the foliage. It changes with the seasons. Our mountains look bare from a distance too but they still have lots of fires. There could also be structures burning.
I agree, every video I see like this I question. So we don't know if this is a scam at some/any point in the narrative. I am going to find a translator, however. I'll ask what's being said, as well whether the translator thinks the individuals are on the level.

The more I think about the mountain fire idea, the more I like it. I'm going to see if I can get a few experts to look at the video. My first stop will be the Aerial Firefighting Museum in Wyoming. I've met a few firebomber pilots over the years, and I assume there must be a pilot or two affiliated with the museum. I'm also going to see if I can find the right people in the Forest Service to look at the video. Those two types people have seen enough wild fires to give an informed opinion on the video.

Thanks again for the insight.

Reactions: Lynne and crux

Ok, so the rabbi at the local Jewish Discovery Center is supposed to get back with me for a translation. I suspect it will be after Passover as they were running Passover/Seder classes when I visited.

Turns our the Forest Service Museum is closed until further notice. I did find an association of retired fire jumpers, but could find no phone number to call them.

I had much better luck with the Museum of Flight & Aerial Firefighting. I talked to a long time, now retired, firefighting pilot who flew both heavies like the Privateer and Boxcar as well as helos in his career. His opinion is the video does not show a mountain wild fire because the size, shape, and intensity of the light "arms" does not change. He said even in a fire that's producing lots of dense smoke, you can discern the fire flickering and changing shape. He said this was too consistent and wholly stationary to be a fire. He also said it didn't look to be 15-20 miles (at a minimum) away, which is what it would have to be if the video was shot in Hadera as claimed.

Until I spoke with the retired pilot, I had been looking at this video on my phone. During our conversation, I used my much larger Samsung tablet, however. Watching on the tablet I saw what I thought was a reflection at about the 35-40 sec point while the camera was trying to (auto?) focus. This led me to ask myself if the video could have been shot from inside through a window. (Yes, I hear the birds, but I know how loud the cockatiels Mrs Duke raised at one time were. Hearing birds doesn't necessarily mean the video was shot outside.) Shooting through a window always makes me suspicious of reflected/refracted images. Even if shot outside, a reflection/refraction could be shining on the the camera lens.

On a hunch, I googled "three spoked hanging light fixture," and this popped up.

31Oar2LcgYL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Could we be looking at a reflection of this or a similar fixture?

Still hope to learn something from a translation of what they are saying.