Storm labeled "Potentially Historic"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss being in NY sometimes. I would buy shovels in the summer when they were on sale and pallets of ice melt and leave them in a storage container waiting for a good hit like this. Always a nice payday:)

I miss being in NY sometimes. I would buy shovels in the summer when they were on sale and pallets of ice melt and leave them in a storage container waiting for a good hit like this. Always a nice payday:)
Good for you! lol An enterprising fella you are! I just looked out of my window and saw an inch here south of Indy...and we weren't even supposed to get any! I no longer trust the weatherman...just me achin' back! lol I'm a better forecaster than any of them!

just got a report from my family up there on Long Island. one snow fort,3 snowmen built so far. 4 fights at the Shoprite for the last milk. Warnings every 15 minutes on the radio and tv that the roads are closed at 11 pm tonight. My 76 year old dad is taking a nap so he can get up and be on the roads at 1059 in his 4x4. Cops in Nassau county do not have 4x4s :)

Reactions: Debi
:D We have our own reporters! Love it. So your dad is going on patrol out there? Sanctioned or unsanctioned patrol?

well he went out on patrol:) he said it was a ghost town. not even the cops were out

Reporting from ground zero. Up in Westchester yesterday, it was a zoo both at Stop and Shop and at Trader Joes. People were descending like locusts. Everyone was friendly, though.

It's 4:30 am Tuesday morning and I still have lights, thank God. There's light snow right now, but it snowed more last Saturday. We must've gotten about 5 or 6 inches last Saturday and there only seems to be about 4 inches now, but it's supposed to keep snowing all day.

Reactions: Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.