Still Glad You Cut The Cord?

I found it infuriating that I already pay for Amazon prime, and it was supposed to offer free streaming. Now I have had to reluctantly fork over that extra bit so as not to have to sit through stupid ads. 99% of the time I don't make decisions based on ads; I am too busy muting them until they are done. Greedier and greedier is what this is. Most the streamed offerings are garbage anyway.

so far amazon has been just 1 or 2 ads per 2 hour movie...... but im willing to stay with streaming over all. you can cancel anytime you wish and then pick it back up later with all your info, watchlist, history, etc... still intact. cable you are on a yearly contract. i get 3 movie service, netflix, paramount, and peacock, the latter has their studio movies hit the service either the same day as theatrical release or two weeks after most of the time, so no waiting months or a year for movies to drop.... and i also subscribe to discovery plus which is 90% of the basic cable channels, such as food network, tlc, discovery, dest america, animal planet, hgtv, mtv, and quite a few more. you also get roku tv and live tv which is a few hundred streaming channels thrown in with the smart tv setup.....my cable bill pushed 300 per month, now i get the same for around 100.

Yes, I am still glad. I will take free crap over paid crap any time. If there is something else I want to watch, I buy the DVD on eBay and then sell it when done. I hate commercials too, but DVDs don't have them and I watch a lot of PBS shows anyway that don't have them. I find the British shows on PBS to be much better than the American shows. If there is a rare American series that I want to watch, I buy DVD sets for it.

I Think the powers that be have been trying to figure out a way to make us pay for tv for a long time. They have finally got us where they want us. If you want to watch sports or tv programs, then you are going to have to pay up. I get paying a reasonable fee, but they are getting greedy in my opinion. I enjoy the occasional series, but I could be ok if things came to making a choice between something I really needed and giving up tv. I like to read and do other things much more. I can tell you that I will tolerate the adds before I give them more money.

I can't stand most recent movies. They are either gross and disgusting or unfunny comedies or comic book crap or stories that try to tell me what I should think about something or other.

I mostly prefer older movies and there are lots of free ones on the net or available very cheaply on DVD.

Beware of offers for cheap TV programming services. They may be cheap at first but after about a year, when you're good and hooked, they'll start raising their prices and you'll be back paying dearly for TV again in no time.

I don't have enough internet power to stream, so I have DISH. We live so rural I have to have something to get TV out here. And, of course, the hubs has to have his cowboys daily.

I find a lot of Film Noir on YouTube, most of it is free. I agree with Crux; there is so much garbage to stream I would be better entertained staring at the kitchen garbage can. I think most of the greatest movies and series have already been made, and now they are just reaching. There is a heavy reliance on violence, gore, sex and more violence. It gets old quickly.

Reactions: crux