• Phone interference

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Paranormal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Slw

Reaction score
Hi there,
I just wanted to get some views on what I could of experienced so I can put my mind at rest or do something about it.

A bit of a long story so I'll just cut to what I want advice on.

Is static, popping, crackling sounds on devices common signs of the paranormal?
I took a recording on a sleep ap at night. It lasted around two minutes. The phone was sat on the bedside table with nothing touching it.

At the time of the recorded static I was woken, like most nights, to noises. Just faint knocks, as if the house is settling.

You can hear me say in the recording "these noises are really annoying me" and "I can hear breathing". Which wasn't my husbands.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Hi there,
I just wanted to get some views on what I could of experienced so I can put my mind at rest or do something about it.

A bit of a long story so I'll just cut to what I want advice on.

Is static, popping, crackling sounds on devices common signs of the paranormal?
I took a recording on a sleep ap at night. It lasted around two minutes. The phone was sat on the bedside table with nothing touching it.

At the time of the recorded static I was woken, like most nights, to noises. Just faint knocks, as if the house is settling.

You can hear me say in the recording "these noises are really annoying me" and "I can hear breathing". Which wasn't my husbands.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
Hi and welcome. Recordings are notorious for static interference from outside sources, not necessarily paranormal. At one time I was hearing voices over my computer....turns out a neighbor was a new ham operator and was bleeding over on frequency with my computer picking it up. You have to rule out all outside sources before you can attribute something to the paranormal.

With that said, popping sounds are known to happen during apports....this is when something is transported out of a room and goes missing or is suddenly returned to a room through what we assume is a portal. Knocks are at times heard with the paranormal, but not all knocks are paranormal. Which I realize isn't all that helpful here, but the next step for you is investigation on your end of things. Check your plumbing....pipes knock in walls and can be heard at night. Check for rodents, check the attic for critters. Unless you are having other activity, I would not be too concerned with what you are currently hearing.

Hi Debi,
Thanks so much for your reply.

That has put me at ease! I wouldn't of given it a second thought had it not been for the fact that the static noises were recorded right at the time I was hearing stuff too.

I tried to upload the audio but couldnt get it to upload.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Debi
Yes I have experienced noises. For example pipes all through the ceilings and floors expand and contract with changes in temp and it is normal for these changes to make noises that we notice more as we are completly silent at night. Scary though especially if we are alone!

Reactions: Slw
Hi there,
further to my last comment, I am still hearing noises at night that could be explained away, but now have a cam (intended for keeping an eye on my pets) and wanted some advice on orbs. I have attached a video below. If you take notice of the top left of the screen toward the start of the video. Ignore the light on the right as that's me with my torch. I thought it could be reflection from my torch but the light patterns dont match and I also have a second recording of more orb activity and a 'glow' ball apear then disappears, and I am not even downstairs. Does this look like a typical spirit orb or do I have nothing to worry about?

Attachments

• 20200114_113740.mp4
    310.8 KB · Views: 141
Hi there again. Let me just say the debate on orbs is ongoing. Some believe them to be dust only that reflects back light. And cameras have a way of causing them to reflect quite brightly and to also bounce other light sources. Others are convinced some are spirit forms. This debate in the paranormal world has been going on for years. I fall somewhere in the middle on the debate.

The best advice I can give you is if you are not having other activity in the home, then I would not worry about it. Normally, activity will be fleeting and sudden, but will involve movement of objects, apparitions, or something otherwise concrete in nature. The word paranormal actually means "above and beyond the norm that can be explained."

I couldn’t get the video to play. I’m curious as to why you were recording at night ? Were you trying to catch something ?