Technology Spray on solar power?

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
New Research Puts Us Closer To DIY Spray-On Solar Cell Technology

A new study out of St. Mary’s College of Maryland puts us closer to do-it-yourself spray-on solar cell technology—promising third-generation solar cells utilizing a nanocrystal ink deposition that could make traditional expensive silicon-based solar panels a thing of the past.

In a 2014 study, published in the journal Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, St. Mary’s College of Maryland energy expert Professor Troy Townsend introduced the first fully solution-processed all-inorganic photovoltaic technology.

While progress on organic thin-film photovoltaics is rapidly growing, inorganic devices still hold the record for highest efficiencies which is in part due to their broad spectral absorption and excellent electronic properties. Considering the recorded higher efficiencies and lower cost per watt compared to organic devices, combined with the enhanced thermal and photo stability of bulk-scale inorganic materials, Townsend, in his 2014 study, focused on an all-inorganic based structure for fabrication of a top to bottom fully solution-based solar cell.

More at site.

I'm amazed at the progress being made in solar power technology. The Australians are doing good work in this area, too, and it is my hope that we will see solar power in every home before I die. That isn't likely given how much political clout traditional energy has in most of the western world, but perhaps solar can eventually be used to provide power to third world nations.

Well, of aerosol spray on will there be an impact pn the environment? Perhaps we can develop reusable pump sprays.

Reactions: Debi