Sphere shaped craft with multi coloured lights ?

ozentity

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Outside tonight and have seen a sphere shaped object with many multi coloured lights flashing and a fare way off and a long way up.I thought it may have been some kind of drone but looks massive,looked around and seen another two to the west.Don't know much about what we are doing with sattelites so thought I'd report this here.The first is moving up ,down and around very fast,the other two seem stationary.Any ideas?My mate is with me so I know I'm not seeing things.

Outside tonight and have seen a sphere shaped object with many multi coloured lights flashing and a fare way off and a long way up.I thought it may have been some kind of drone but looks massive,looked around and seen another two to the west.Don't know much about what we are doing with sattelites so thought I'd report this here.The first is moving up ,down and around very fast,the other two seem stationary.Any ideas?My mate is with me so I know I'm not seeing things.

Did all three look exactly alike and appear to be the same size?

Did all three look exactly alike and appear to be the same size?
I couldn't tell the distance but they looked similar,we looked through binoculars and they were ball shaped with multi coloured small flashing lights.I've seen stars that seem to move until your eyes focus but one of these was moving at a great speed .

Interesting. What color were the lights?

Interesting. What color were the lights?
Red,blue and bright white,as one looked to be over the town,about 60km away I thought it might be a prank but it was too high and moved too fast to be that.It looked to be bigger than a passenger jet but it was round with lights all over.I know nothing of aircraft or space stuff so I was hoping you might have an idea or know of something happening with this.The planet is weird atm with lockdown,I'm getting a bit paranoid seeing this.I can't find anything about this locally.

Had you said red, white, and green, that would have been a good indication you were seeing a conventional aircraft of some type. Those are standard aircraft navigation light colors.

My first thought is you might have seen drones, likely personal as opposed to military. Some of them are surprisingly large, and when flown with some of the LED light strips, they can create illusions of size and shape. Speed is difficult to gauge in any event.

I can't find the video I've used here before to show how amazing these LED equipped drones can appear, but here's a another one that should give you an idea.

Last edited:
Thanks Duke, that very well could be what I saw.I'd imagine from a distance in the pitch black the lights would appear as an orb shape.I first noticed the bright white light until looking through the bino's and could see the other coloured small lights.Thank you for going to the trouble of finding this.Still leaving me wondering the purpose.

Thanks Duke, that very well could be what I saw.I'd imagine from a distance in the pitch black the lights would appear as an orb shape.I first noticed the bright white light until looking through the bino's and could see the other coloured small lights.Thank you for going to the trouble of finding this.Still leaving me wondering the purpose.

You're most welcome. Here's one of other video drone videos I was looking for, the last 5 seconds or so illustrate what creative application of light strips can accomplish. If it's some distance away and tilted even slighty in either pitch or yaw, it can produce some views that can be very deceptive.

Wow Oz thanks for reporting it here. Is there anywhere in your country to call in sightings ?

Reactions: garnetsilver

LOL, If nothing else this sort of thing will be very attractive to a lot of people just to use to mess with other people. I will confess to having participated in such behavior in my younger days. We didn't have the sort of technology back then that is available now but it was pretty amazing what a big silver garbage bag looked like in the night sky when filled with helium. It reflected the lights from the city below and flew in a very un airplane like fashion. Back then people didn't have cameras that were very good at taking night pictures and almost nobody had movie cameras so the reports were just by word of mouth. We probably sent up a couple a week. The place that I worked used helium in vast quantities and had those silver industrial strength bags. Can you imagine what they would look like with a blinking multicolored LED light in one of those would have looked like!!!

Reactions: garnetsilver