"Soup" it up!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

With groceries sky high and my need to enjoy a hot meal without a lot of cooking, my fall back has been soup.
What are your favorite soups?
Do you prefer to make them or will you buy canned?
What canned soups are your choice?
Do you ever buy the generic brands?

Campbell's Chunky Soups are my go to these days!

Campbell's Chunky Soups
I love them :D
no-soup-for-you.jpg

Campbell's Chunky Soups
I love them :D
View attachment 55952
Hubs loves the Cheese/Potato/Steak and I'm a Creamy Chicken and Dumplings girl. Kid likes the Chili Mac Soup.

I've found the Campbell's Tomato Soup (standard kind) is waaay better than the generic offering, as well as the Bean with Bacon Campbell's coming out ahead of generic as well. However, for casseroles etc, I will use generic Cream of Mushroom or Chicken soups, as they are half the price.

Have never found a chicken noodle soup I like in a can. That I will make myself.

I'd never tried it until a week ago, but chicken and Tarragon is amazing! Oxtail soup is an old favourite and the classic cream of tomato is childhood throwback comfort food. I would like to know though why cans of soup contain just slightly more soup than will fit in a soup mug. I mean I have a couple with soup ingredient pictures and recipes and they are just slightly too small. I suspect the entire soup industry of trolling. It's hot dog buns all over again!

I'd never tried it until a week ago, but chicken and Tarragon is amazing! Oxtail soup is an old favourite and the classic cream of tomato is childhood throwback comfort food. I would like to know though why cans of soup contain just slightly more soup than will fit in a soup mug. I mean I have a couple with soup ingredient pictures and recipes and they are just slightly too small. I suspect the entire soup industry of trolling. It's hot dog buns all over again!
Because over here we put it in a bowl! Fits just right!

Reactions: garnetsilver
Reactions: garnetsilver
Hubs loves the Cheese/Potato/Steak and I'm a Creamy Chicken and Dumplings girl. Kid likes the Chili Mac Soup.

I've found the Campbell's Tomato Soup (standard kind) is waaay better than the generic offering, as well as the Bean with Bacon Campbell's coming out ahead of generic as well. However, for casseroles etc, I will use generic Cream of Mushroom or Chicken soups, as they are half the price.

Have never found a chicken noodle soup I like in a can. That I will make myself.
As a kid, my favorites were Campbell's Bean & Bacon and Cream of Mushroom. Only soup I can remember not liking was Cream of Onion.

Mrs Duke insists on homemade soup, she makes a couple pots a month from scratch during the winter. Only canned soup she'll have in the house is if it's used for cooking.

As a kid, my favorites were Campbell's Bean & Bacon and Cream of Mushroom. Only soup I can remember not liking was Cream of Onion.

Mrs Duke insists on homemade soup, she makes a couple pots a month from scratch during the winter. Only canned soup she have in the house is if it's used for cooking.
Homemade Soup is ALWAYS! best

:D ;)