Social Media

I like social media because it keeps me connected to friends and family. It has replaced letters and sending photos. I am however very careful about what I put there. I don’t get drawn into controversial topics. Animal pics and videos with the occasional prayer request and current events is it for me.

Reactions: garnetsilver
I miss the days when people wrote letters. They would express their personal taste with the stationary they picked, and I still own a letter written by my best friend in Girl Scouts; we corresponded for about five years after meeting at summer camp.

I miss the days when people wrote letters. They would express their personal taste with the stationary they picked, and I still own a letter written by my best friend in Girl Scouts; we corresponded for about five years after meeting at summer camp.
I remember having pen pals too. At almost 50 cents a letter I guess we have all opted out.

Reactions: garnetsilver
This is it as far as social media goes. I'm an IT dude with a background in security so go think about why I wouldn't be involved in FB, Twit etc and don't ask me why if you can't figure this out.

Last edited:
I remember having pen pals too. At almost 50 cents a letter I guess we have all opted out.
Postage has definitely gotten expensive, but social media and email is why. I remember joining an international pen pal club back in the day, and how exciting it was to collect the stamps.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi