Smart Socks are a Reality

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
Thank goodness, smart socks are now here! How did we ever manage without them?! :rolleyes:

Yes, you actually pair up (pun intended) your socks with your phone, and can then access your sock's data. No, I am not making this up. Funny me, I just always grabbed two identical black socks and called it a pair. I didn't know you needed to keep them with their original partner. :rolleyes:

Smarter Socks - a quick explanation
Imagine your phone could communicate with your socks. Your phone would know:

• which socks belong together,
  • and could help sort them out,
  • how often you have washed your socks,
  • when your socks were produced,
  • when you ordered your socks and
  • when your socks were dispatched.
Your iPhone can also tell you if your black socks are no longer properly black and help you buy new socks.

This is something we dreamed about and we have made the dream come true. The result is Smarter Socks - probably the smartest socks in the world. They are undoubtedly the first socks which leave their mark on the internet via the Sock Sorter and your iPhone.

A starter kit is available, which includes the device to communicate with your phone, and 10 pairs of socks, for a mere $189.00.

Here they are:

http://www.blacksocks.com/en-us/smartersocks_simplyexplained_us.htm

What do you think - can we now call the world a better place now that we have smart socks?

Woo hoo! Christmas list here I come!!

Oh, in case it was lost between my fingers and the screen you're looking at: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Seahunter
Really??? Come on, now.....we need this? Hey, I'm just ever so grateful when I actually have enough socks come out of the dryer to make pairs. I still have those sock eating appliances to deal with at my house. My socks must not be tasty enough for them as I always come out even, but for some reason, the guys' never do. :rolleyes:

What shocks me is not just that some dumbass came up with this idea, but that it is being marketed like something that a normal person would ever care about or want. :eek:

Reactions: Debi
What shocks me is not just that some dumbass came up with this idea, but that it is being marketed like something that a normal person would ever care about or want. :eek:
You would not believe some of the ridiculously pampering and expensive accessories a man can buy. Get this - you know I've talked about expensive watches. Well, the really rich not only have dozens of these or more, but they then get watch cabinets that cost as much as a nice house. And for the man who wants everything, they even have watch warmers in them, cause God forbid you put a COLD watch on your wrist!

Reactions: Debi
Well, the really rich not only have dozens of these or more, but they then get watch cabinets that cost as much as a nice house. And for the man who wants everything, they even have watch warmers in them, cause God forbid you put a COLD watch on your wrist!
Dear God!

God forbid the soothing coolness of gold grace someone's wrist without warming! :rolleyes: People are crazy!
I couldn't even find a price on this one, but I know some of their "cheaper" models are close to $100,000 - so I can't imagine this one. Add to that each of the 60 watches are tens of thousands of dollars each or more and you've got quite the little hobby there.

I couldn't even find a price on this one, but I know some of their "cheaper" models are close to $100,000 - so I can't imagine this one. Add to that each of the 60 watches are tens of thousands of dollars each or more and you've got quite the little hobby there.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: