Shocking News About Oils We Consume

So my lard-fried GrandMa Utz potato chips are healthy ?

We had the same experience in a middle of nowhere eatery in Puerto Pico years ago. When the woman used an ice cream scooper to scoop a heaping ball of lard onto the grill, I thought Mrs Duke was going to have a stroke on the spot.

We had the same experience in a middle of nowhere eatery in Puerto Pico years ago. When the woman used an ice cream scooper to scoop a heaping ball of lard onto the grill, I thought Mrs Duke was going to have a stroke on the spot.
eh, ice cream, lard, not a big difference in the two actually.........lol...... add a little sugar and even fat, (ice cream), tastes good... butter cream icing on cake is all lard (well shortening) too.....mmmmmm

So my lard-fried GrandMa Utz potato chips are healthy ?
They might well be! This was a real eye opener for me, learning about these oils. They are so ubiquitous that it is virtually impossible to eliminate them from your diet. John, (Mr. Garnet) has been encouraging me about changing the way I eat. I've been stubborn as a mule, of course. But he went ahead and tried eliminating as many vegetable oils as possible from his diet and his doctor was shocked at the higher proportion of his "good" fats to those that are considered bad. You'd think that it would be the other way around.

This has really gotten me thinking.

Reactions: Selectric