Security Cam ghost child

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

A curious piece of footage captured by a home security system in a Long Island residence features a strange anomaly that some viewers believe is the apparition of a child. The eerie scene was filmed in the home of a man named Joey Nolan at around 1 AM on August 8th. In the video, a fairly distinct 'form' that resembles a child can be seen seemingly entering the room and sitting down on the floor.

Puzzled by the weird 'visitor' spotted by his security system, Nolan posted the video to YouTube and wrote that some people who had seen the footage theorized that the anomaly was "a little boy and their pet." That said, he conceded that "we don't know for sure." When later when on to say that no one in the family had recently died and that "we've been digging into the house's history to see if there's any significance with the date of the occurrence."

As with most purported ghost videos, the nature of what is unfolding on screen is largely open to one's own interpretation. As Nolan noted, some observers see the spirit of a child and possibly a proverbial 'ghost pet.' Conversely, skeptical viewers contend that the 'apparition' is something prosaic such as dust. One astute individual also noted that the cat in the video doesn't seem to notice anything out of the ordinary, although the question of whether or not animals can see ghosts is, of course, a matter of considerable conjecture.

Watch: Ghost Child Filmed by Home Security System? - Coast to Coast AM

Reactions: Fizz
Whatever it was, it looked like it not only came into the room, it walked out of view of the camera, possibly sat down on the floor, then came back and went down the stairs or whatever that was on the right of the room. Anyone else see this?

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
Whatever it was, it looked like it not only came into the room, it walked out of view of the camera, possibly sat down on the floor, then came back and went down the stairs or whatever that was on the right of the room. Anyone else see this?
Yes,I also thought it put it's hand up in a gesture for help.I would be sending him or her to the other side to be at peace.Seemed lost to me.

Reactions: garnetsilver
So many questions on this.
I see baby gates/pet gates in the house. Is there an actual living child in the house?
Does this camera record to DVR or to a cloud-storage? Is it wireless or hardwired? How many frames per second does it record? What kind of lighting was the video taken in?
On the surface, this looks really convincing. The fact that the owner is kind of nebbish about whether or not it's a ghost is kind of a warning flag that he might know exactly what it is- his kid coming and going in low-lighting with the camera recording in delay time.

The other thing that makes me wonder is that the cat doesn't react at all. Either he's completely used to disembodied folk wandering around (which is entirely possible) or it's someone he's familiar with and is expecting. (And those two aren't mutually exclusive!)

It would be much more convincing to show me that video, then show me other videos taken at different times of day, with different lighting, showing someone coming and repeating the actions of the ghost-child, to demonstrate that the camera is functioning correctly, that there's no motion delay, and that there's no data loss in transfer of the footage.

It goes by so fast it hard to tell. It looked like someone walking by. Ellio’s theory could be right on.

Reactions: garnetsilver