Scientists able to contact lucid dreamers in real time OMG

jadamz

the Countess
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
An international team of researchers was able to achieve real-time dialogues with people in the midst of lucid dreams, a phenomenon that is called “interactive dreaming,” according to a study published on Thursday in Current Biology.

Scientists Achieve Real-Time Communication With Lucid Dreamers In Breakthrough

International scientists have unlocked a new and exciting avenue to explore the world of dreams.

Humanity has been able reach distant vistas, such as the Moon, the deep oceans, and the wild expanses at Earth’s poles. Now, scientists have made a new breakthrough in the exploration of a very different type of frontier—the hallucinatory world inside dreams.

An international team of researchers was able to achieve real-time dialogues with people in the midst of lucid dreams, a phenomenon that is called “interactive dreaming,” according to a study published on Thursday in Current Biology.

Participants in the study were able to correctly respond to questions, such as simple math problems, while they were deep in the throes of rapid-eye movement (REM) sleep. The research reveals a “relatively unexplored communication channel” that could enable “a new strategy for the empirical exploration of dreams,” the study reports

“There are studies of lucid dreamers communicating out of dreams, and also remembering to do tasks,” said Karen Konkoly, a PhD student at Northwestern University and first author of the paper, in a call. “But there's a fairly limited amount of research on the stimuli going into lucid dreams.”

“One thing that surprised us is that you could just say a sentence to somebody, and they could understand it just as it actually is,” she added.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW.I dont know whether I should be happy they can do this or worried. I hope next someone starts working on a shield to keep said dream creepers out.

Reactions: Paintman
Look nobody's going out on a limb guessing that a lot of people here have watched a lot of sci-fi & horror movies.
Here are some basic rules that would have kept people out of trouble;
Don't do that.
Put that back.
Don't poke that.

I always chuckle at scientists trying to figure out things like that. Whatever answers they come up with, doesn't mean that they got it right!

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
I don’t find this study hard to believe. How many of us have heard our sleeping partner talk in their sleep and asked them questions to which they’ve answered. The cool part is that the dreamer remembers so I guess it’s a break through.
I am waiting for the study that shows we are actually remote viewing or spiritually visiting places. Now that would be an interesting study. Or one where the dreamer is actually sharing his lucid dream with another dreamer in the study and they validate the dream! I think there is often more to our dreams than figments of our imagination.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi