School geek

TonyM

Deactivated Account
Reaction score
Website
monaghan.tv
Kinda smart in a school that was in a low rent town, ignored at best and hated by most including the teachers cos I was smarter than them. It was a newly built school and it had a theater. The pretty gals didn't know I existed.

I leave school to work and study in England, teach myself classical guitar and come home the next Christmas to perform at the school concert as a former pupil. Do the gig which was amazing my first which set me on a road, outside the pretty girls lining up for autographs, jeez go figure.

Looks don't matter :D

Just as well or I'd still be a virgin :)

I grew up in a small town, but the highschool was new and state of the art for the time. Had a great art dept and sports dept. I wasn't a geek but wasn't really popular either...lol.... I played baseball and wrestled which led to another activity that allowed me to travel the southeastern circuit from 16 to 18 years old, which led to another phase of life that lasted a few years..... Can't say I was all that blessed with intelligence, was honestly quite clueless...lol.....but managed to get through and find my place in life.....

Kinda smart in a school that was in a low rent town, ignored at best and hated by most including the teachers cos I was smarter than them. It was a newly built school and it had a theater. The pretty gals didn't know I existed.

I leave school to work and study in England, teach myself classical guitar and come home the next Christmas to perform at the school concert as a former pupil. Do the gig which was amazing my first which set me on a road, outside the pretty girls lining up for autographs, jeez go figure.

Looks don't matter :D

Just as well or I'd still be a virgin :)

Interesting topic Tony. Somehow I was the “man for every season”. In Junior High I was exclusively a geek embedded with and acknowledged by many other geeks. Then two years away on Okinawa because of Dad’s assignment. I grew probably 3” and definitely lost 25 pounds. Returned to same hometown in time to register for High School and past friends definitely found me. But odd thing was in first year back, the jocks actively seeked me out too - but not because I could help with their math grades but...just because. I think this was the beginning of my strong psychic connections...I think they knew that I knew them at a deep level. Second year, the blasted artsy crowd searched me out. Now, I was monogamous with only one girlfriend per year and not fooling around on the side. But people were reaching out for me. I think that somehow my unpublished psychic awaking tuned me into literally everyone at every level. I don’t think I was especially “interesting” nor personable but I think everyone saw some part of their self in me and searched me out for same.

So geek? Yes for certain.
Jock, not really but certainly by strong associations.
Artsy, quite definitely at least on their terms.

Last edited: