saved by an angel? visited by a UFO? I don't know.

Grampa Spam

Reaction score
I saw something close to 30 years ago that I still think about every day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
Welcome to the forum, Grampa.

I have actually had a similar experience with light, but it involved a very low hovering triangle UFO over my home in 1999. This triangle hovered for quite awhile and was dark. But when it went to leave, the thing lit up with the power of 3 suns. I was in a doorway, but that light scared the heck out of me and I wanted to stay clear of it for sure! No blue as you describe, but the light itself was the brightest thing I've ever seen. Lit up everything all around.

Now, the buck you saw could possibly be a cover memory for something else. This has been known to happen with UFO sightings. Sometimes people remember an Owl, or even the iconic Buck, which has roots back into pagan history. I'm just offering this as an alternate explanation, as it would fit into the sightings of others who have had this kind of encounter.

Assuming your time and velocity estimates are accurate, you would have travelled between a quarter and half mile during the duration of your experience. Could you identify that stretch of road, maybe with aid of a map or Google Earth? Any other traffic on the road for that 15 seconds? Recall any high tension power lines in the immediate vicinity? Any idea what would have been the closest military installation?

Have you looked at newspapers from the nearest town(s) to where you think you were for the day or two after your experience to see if it was written up? If not, you might want to call the local public library in those towns (ask for the research librarian) and ask them to look at the local paper for the three days after the event for any article dealing with bright/flashing lights in the sky......meteors, blown transformers, flares, testing etc.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Assuming your time and velocity estimates are accurate, you would have travelled between a quarter and half mile during the duration of your experience. Could you identify that stretch of road, maybe with aid of a map or Google Earth? Any other traffic on the road for that 15 seconds? Recall any high tension power lines in the immediate vicinity? Any idea what would have been the closest military installation?

Have you looked at newspapers from the nearest town(s) to where you think you were for the day or two after your experience to see if it was written up? If not, you might want to call the local public library in those towns (ask for the research librarian) and ask them to look at the local paper for the three days after the event for any article dealing with bright/flashing lights in the sky......meteors, blown transformers, flares, testing etc.
exellent advice!!

Welcome Gramdpa,

This sounds like a scary event! I agree with Debi’s idea of a memory cover or mind control technique. Who knows maybe they use holograms, it did get you to stop. Did you have missing time with this event? Any unexplainable marks? Pain? Have you thought about regression therapy to uncover a possible abduction?

Just some ideas to think about. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Welcome Gramdpa,

Did you have missing time with this event? Any unexplainable marks? Pain?

No, neither of us had any odd marks, no missing time or anything like that at all. Absolutely everything before and after this event seemed perfectly normal

Reactions: Lynne
It's hwy 40 on google maps. I don't know exactly where though but I do remember we talked non-stop about it for what had to be 20 or 40 minutes before we got to Steamboat.. What I remember clearly is. The event occurred on a stretch of hwy that was straight for at least a few miles, The visibility was wide and flat area similar to how a floodplain of a river is. There were items, like rocks and stuff that cast very distinct shadows. I don't recall anything about power lines and such. There were no other cars or streetlights or anything electric at all, it was definitely an isolated stretch of road. When we came to the end of the straightaway it seems that we turned left and reentered hwy that was full of turns and not straight at all and not able to see far at all if that makes sense

Ok, apperas you were somewhere between Kremmling and Steamboat Springs on Rte 40 when the event occurred. That's good since both towns have daily newspapers. Even better the event took place on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day, traditional slow news days. That probably increases the chance a local newspaper would have done a story if the event was reported. My advice is call the public library in both towns and request their research librarians to look through the Dec 25-27 editions of their respective town newspapers for any stories regarding anything that could have produced out-of-the-ordinary, bright flashing lights in the sky. If they find anything, ask them to scan and send you a copy.

Looks like you reported your experience to the NUFORC over a decade ago, but yours is the only report. You might consider contacting the Colorado MUFON office (info@comufon.org) to ask if they have anything in their records for that date/time/location. To be honest, I don't put much stock in MUFON overall, but it would be worth an email to see if they have a record/report of the event.

If you check with either the libraries/newspapers and/or Colorado MUFON, please let us know what, if anything, you find. Good luck.

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne
There are no newspaper stories or reports about this. Next time you're driving down a highway look around. Note how far you can see. usually one can't see much more than a few miles in either direction. During the. . daytime imagine it was night then suddenly is was just as bright as what as it is now. That's how I've tried to explain to the few folks I've talked to about this and if anything its understating the brightness of this light. The 'sky' was not lit up like daytime but everything on the ground was.
From your perspective there was no one to witness this but if this was a space ship above others may have seen it , even if far off.

There are no newspaper stories or reports about this. Next time you're driving down a highway look around. Note how far you can see. usually one can't see much more than a few miles in either direction. During the. . daytime imagine it was night then suddenly is was just as bright as what as it is now. That's how I've tried to explain to the few folks I've talked to about this and if anything its understating the brightness of this light. The 'sky' was not lit up like daytime but everything on the ground was.

So that means you already looked for reports/articles about this event. Ok, fair enough. Have you looked for similar events anywhere else?