Satan at work in Alabama?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Devil Is at Work in Opp, Alabama, Police Say

The Devil Is at Work in Opp, Alabama, Police Say
Police blame an uptick in homicides on embracing Satan

Newser) – Taking a page (or several) from the Old Testament, a police department in rural Alabama is blaming an increase in local discord—namely five homicides this year—on the community’s rejection of God, the Hill reports. In a Tuesday Facebook post (since deleted), the Opp Police Department wrote in all-caps, per the AP: "THESE MURDERS HAVE BEEN DONE BY OUR YOUNG PEOPLE. THIS IS HAPPENING BECAUSE WE HAVE TURNED AWAY FROM GOD AND EMBRACED SATAN. WE MAY HAVE NOT MEANT TO DO SO BUT, WE HAVE. IT IS TIME TO ASK FOR GOD'S HELP TO STOP THIS.” The post, which you can see here, goes on to chastise parents and imply that the community does not support police, ending with: “BOTTOM LINE, THERE ARE SHEEP; THERE ARE WOLVES AND THERE ARE SHEEP DOGS. WHICH GROUP DO YOU BELONG TO?”

Some people on social media are having some fun with the whole thing. A Thursday post by the department warning of wet roads garnered comments like, “Satan’s fault.” On an earlier post about an approaching storm, a person commented, “Cloudy, with a higher than average chance of brimstone.” But the group Freedom From Religion says that the police department’s post isn’t funny at all. "The department has very directly endorsed one religious ideology to the exclusion of minority religions and atheism, and decried Satanism. Neither message is permissible," Sam Grover, a lawyer for the group, says in a statement.

Obviously a mistake. The song clearly says the "Devil Went Down to Georgia," not Alabama.

Reactions: Ronin and Debi
You would have to have lived in Alabama to understand this, they are different people down there I lived there for three years and it took about that long for me to adjust to their ways. It is illegal to gamble in any form including lottery tickets being brought over the state line and churches cannot give cash prizes at bingo. They have no pro sports down there I am not really sure why that is. If you honk your horn in traffic the person in front of you considers that a threat on their life. Every now and then you will see giant children I mean toddlers the size of pro wrestlers, I was told they were a result of inbreeding. People are very friendly but dont tell anyone where you are going to be if you are leaving for a few hours because chances are your house will be ransacked when you get home. Huffing gasoline out of parked cars is a way of partying for some people. I remember reading in the paper when i was there the police were called because a teen ager was huffing the gas out of a family's vehicle and when the people tried to get the attention of the teen he ignored them when the police showed up the teen ran and they tazed him with a taser gun as a result he burst into flames and the family of the teen was suing the county for police brutality.

Yes the devil is in Alabama he tells everyone that everyone else is the devil.

Reactions: Paintman