Robot attacks engineer

well, at least it didnt pop rivet him to the chassis or anything...........coulda been a shocking hood ornament as it rolled off the line..:eek:........but arent those type of robotics stationary and just perform a repetitive series of movements as pieces pass by???...(no artificial intelligence, just programmed to do one specific task),..was the guy just in the pathway of the machine? sounds like it could be more human error than robot uprising for this case. and a way to bring attention to teslas accident record

This story seems kinda weird. They seem to be making a big deal about the way this accident was reported because the guy didn't take time off work. Just a guess but maybe the injuries weren't as horrific as the story makes it sound? From what I can gather; the machine grabbed the guy, someone hit the emergency shutoff, the guy dropped down a chute and there was blood. This could describe a wide description of injuries, from some cuts and bruises to muscle tissue lacerations to dismemberment.

I also found it odd that they were pointing out injuries, and a death, during construction of the facility. I am involved in numerous commercial building construction projects as part of my job. I don't recall ever seeing a case where the company owner is held responsible for stuff like this. It falls to the contractor or subcontractors to bear the legal and financial responsibility for this sort of thing. The actual business just checks in from time to time to make sure the project is moving at a reasonable pace.

Reactions: garnetsilver