Road trip!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHERE ARE YOU GOING AND WHO ARE YOU TAKING?

57038351_343195752992292_3739824777079029760_n.jpg

Ocean highways & byways green ground, & forested cliffs & beaches . Overland. Find some fern fronds past the Redwoods. I'd bring my best friend on ongoing ocean highways & byways road trip but itd go on longer;

...further, I would extend my trip to others expanding lives . I'd blanket my past places of employment with travel opportunities for staff and clients via grant funding both inner city community center shelter, and, rural small town youth services employers
with : client project-based in school or work based oversight merit -qualifying, for fully paid tickets to fully expense paid working learning-linked field trips ...from job shadowing tech giants, to ferrying my past students children enrolled locally to grand tours spring winter filling summer breaks trips fully funded with my lottery proceeds.

First I am driving up the California coast just for the view, and then I am doing what I have always wanted to do. I am stopping at iconic places from my favorite horror movies and books. ( I actually have made an entire list, including addresses and how long it will take plus expenses) First stop HAS to be The Stanley Hotel. The hotel that inspired one of my favorite books as well as movie, Stephen King's The Shining. I also want to see if it is as terrifying and haunted as it claims to be. And I'm taking anyone who isn't too scared to visit the scariest landmarks America has to offer.

I'd do the road trips I did back in the day but in the comfort of a car. I'd decide on a whim to just head off and see where I ended up, rucksack and sleeping back with the bare essentials and just stick my thumb and see what happened. Hitch hiking was a thing back then so many nights spent in motorway service stations (open 24 hours), and many more spent roughing it in a sleeping bag in fields, the roadside or if raining finding shelter in school sheds etc.

These days it would be called wild camping but without the bushcraft or even a tent, a tin of beans would do cold. I saw so much of the UK and Europe for basically free choosing where I went to wherever the driver was going.

Not to be recommended unless you're terminally stupid, a friend of mine died doing the same thing in winter and got caught out in very cold weather.

Now that I drive I'll revisit those places chance took me.

I'd do the road trips I did back in the day but in the comfort of a car. I'd decide on a whim to just head off and see where I ended up, rucksack and sleeping back with the bare essentials and just stick my thumb and see what happened. Hitch hiking was a thing back then so many nights spent in motorway service stations (open 24 hours), and many more spent roughing it in a sleeping bag in fields, the roadside or if raining finding shelter in school sheds etc.

These days it would be called wild camping but without the bushcraft or even a tent, a tin of beans would do cold. I saw so much of the UK and Europe for basically free choosing where I went to wherever the driver was going.

Not to be recommended unless you're terminally stupid, a friend of mine died doing the same thing in winter and got caught out in very cold weather.

Now that I drive I'll revisit those places chance took me.
That always sounded so exciting to do. A big adventure! I do hate camping so I guess I won’t be going. I will have to live vicariously through you.

Reactions: Donna K.
Me Myself and I lol. There's too many I would want to bring. I'd be going to egypt and visiting Giza or maybe peru and take some ayahuasca with a shaman. For sure it'll be a spiritual retreat of some sort.

Reactions: Donna K. and Debi