RNA found for Tas Tiger

Interesting......
So basically in Australia he hunts roos for the state...as he says. He lives in the outback and all his hunting is done at night. I made a joke 1 day about the Taz tiger. He said that him and 2 buddies have seen them and could take you to see them guaranteed. They're afraid to say anything, because while good for science it's bad for the Taz tiger. He says and I agree it would bring poachers and trophy hunters. He also says there are 2 good spots in New Zealand to see 1?.
I have no reason to doubt him and see no reason they couldn't exist.
I also asked him about other cryptids in Australia. He said he has only heard stories.

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
So basically in Australia he hunts roos for the state...as he says. He lives in the outback and all his hunting is done at night. I made a joke 1 day about the Taz tiger. He said that him and 2 buddies have seen them and could take you to see them guaranteed. They're afraid to say anything, because while good for science it's bad for the Taz tiger. He says and I agree it would bring poachers and trophy hunters. He also says there are 2 good spots in New Zealand to see 1?.
I have no reason to doubt him and see no reason they couldn't exist.
I also asked him about other cryptids in Australia. He said he has only heard stories.
My mate used to be a pro roo shooter. I went out one time and you could get up to a dozen fox following the truck waiting for you to gut the roos. They had no fear. I'd imagine thylacine doing the same. I do think they may still be living in The Blue Mountains near Sydney if anywhere.

My mate used to be a pro roo shooter. I went out one time and you could get up to a dozen fox following the truck waiting for you to gut the roos. They had no fear. I'd imagine thylacine doing the same. I do think they may still be living in The Blue Mountains near Sydney if anywhere.

I love hearing his Roo hunting stories. He got a contract to do a military base! I'll ask him where he is located. I can't remember right now.
There is alot of places in Australia people just don't go and if they do its not often. So I can easily see them being able omti keep a population. I guess their maine competitor for territory and food would be dingos and wild dogs?

Reactions: ozentity
I guess their maine competitor for territory and food would be dingos and wild dogs?
The dingo supposedly wiped them out on the mainland when humans arrived. I think it could have been disease. We do have a bad feral dog problem over here though in some areas. I've seen two grey wolf looking feral dogs trying to kill a stray bull terrier in the Blue Mountains and my mate who lives on the edge of the National park there saw them on another occasion. They were not dingoes and looked just like wolves. I'm a dog mad person like yourself and I've never seen dogs like this. The thylacine would have no chance and I heard one got killed by a Scottish terrier years ago so they weren't very capable killers compared to canines.

I love hearing his Roo hunting stories.
We have roo shooters and practically everyone in country Oz feed their pets roo meat and shoot their own but roos are not really considered game animals like deer, pigs, rabbits. I doesn't feel right shooting roos, they are just part of the bush but they do need to be culled and they breed up fast in good seasons.

Reactions: Lynne and K9-1
I got a buddy who is a Roo hunter in Australia and swears they're alive and well.
I have followed these accounts for years and I agree with your friend. There have been some solid reports over the years from people who knew what they were looking at. I am hopeful that somewhere down under there are a few breeding pairs. The loss of such a beautiful animal in our generation is a shame. Obtaining DNA or RNA might help in the breeding program of a similar animal to bring it back.

Reactions: ozentity and K9-1