Recorder interference

Discussion in 'Your Paranormal Experiences' started by Spectre80, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Spectre80

Spectre80
    Expand Collapse

I've got a question for any other researchers on the forum. My team and I had another home exorcism this last weekend. The intelligent/negative responses brought on by positive religious provocation were through the roof! On an interesting note, upon playback my digital recorder was getting allot of static interference. I had it sitting close to my K2 meter most of the time. Upon review I noticed that allot of the static seemed to happen at the same time we received K2 responses. This is the first time I've had this happen on this level. I know and understand how electromagnetic fields work, but I figured it would affect a recorder with a tape vs a digital setup. I find this evidence very interesting and I'd like to look into this more. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Thanks

Debi likes this.
  2. Charleh

Charleh
    Expand Collapse
    Please insert coffee
    Tier-1 Mod

I'm assuming the K2 meter is an EMF detector?

3. Charleh

Charleh
    Expand Collapse
    Please insert coffee
    Tier-1 Mod

Ok just looked it up on Amazon and I was right lol
    How close was the meter from the recorder?

Although neither device is meant to put out any EMF fields (unless the recorder is bluetooth then perhaps the meter picked that up and then that thing lighting up an indicator caused static on the recorder) there is a chance that they can interfere with one another if theyre close enough to each other. Just about every electronic device these days, even the non wireless devices have FCC or industry Canada warnings about interference for the simple fact they have the ability to mess with other electronics one way or another.

7Christie and Duke like this.
  4. Charleh

Charleh
    Expand Collapse
    Please insert coffee
    Tier-1 Mod

Just my thoughts here but maybe make it policy within your group to not use bluetooth or other wireless devices while collecting data, and keep every electronic device at least 3 feet away from each other, that way even RFID and NFC signals cant mess with things.

Lynne likes this.
  5. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Art Bell fan
    Tier-1 Mod

Excellent thinking on this Charleh. My thoughts went right to the paranormal. I thought maybe Gods agents did not want any of the negative responses to come through. Your answer is probably the correct one.

Debi likes this.
  6. Duke

Duke
    Expand Collapse
    Open-minded critical thinker

I'm with Charleh. The design and testing of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and electromagnetic interference (EMI) of/between electronic devices is a far reaching, complex branch of electrical engineering. Unless devices are designed from scratch to be compatible, unintentional generation and reception of electromagnetic energy can cause unwanted interference between, and even physical damage to, the devices. Generally, the greater the distance between the devices, the lower the probability of electromagnetic interference.