Queen Elizabeth II

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
BBC News - Queen Elizabeth II has died, Buckingham Palace announces

Although I don't like many things done by successive governments in her name during her reign, she was a woman of grace and dignity.

I have always admired the Queen. She was a stoic woman who, no matter how much her family was screwing up, she kept her poise and wit about her. She certainly was the picture of "Regal".

This wasn't known as well in the US as in the UK, but shows the Queen's sense of humor.

This wasn't known as well in the US as in the UK, but shows the Queen's sense of humor.
I loved this and saw it during the Jubilee. She handeled a lot in her 70 year rein. I am a royal watcher. Not that I would want that form of govt here , but the institution is interesting and the pomp and circumstance is fun to watch. So much history to learn about.

She was very much liked in Oz, we sang God save the queen in school every morning. I think she had a hard life despite her wealth, I wouldn't want it. She really was The Queen and no one will fill her shoes imo. Plus I'm not looking forward to Wingnut on our coins.

Like Lynne, I always enjoyed the pomp and circumstance of the Royal Family. And she handled it all with such grace.
From the parades and marching bands to the Beefeaters - all great. Also have a lot of respect for Princess Anne because she really does the work - except her role is much more low-key.

Plus I'm not looking forward to Wingnut on our coins.
That's a point I doubt few have even considered. I would bet, at least in the UK, plates and molds to produce currency and coins with Charles' likeness have been in place ready for use for some time. Same with stamps.

305795739_1298547857564410_6777836636569176923_n.jpg