Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
To kick off the month of October, let's talk pumpkins. I just returned from the store, and there is pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING all over the place. As some of the crew around here already knows, I think the only thing pumpkins are good for is chucking them across the field and watching them go splat! lol

So, are you a pumpkin junkie? Are you one that seeks out the pumpkin flavored everything? What's your favorite pumpkin goodie? Coffee? Cookies? Pies? Oreos? (Yes, they have them!! :fearscream:) Bring it on...tell me why pumpkin has you all so obsessed! :jackolantern:

I remember us buying all sorts of pumpkin flavored stuff last year... Oreos, yogurt, bread, Hershey Kisses. This year I doubt we will, because we've cut out the processed foods. Well, mostly, anyway. Even so, I'm sure a few pumpkin pies are headed my way this month!

dancesk.gif
gif1382258586-4287245307.gif

History of the Jack O’ Lantern - Halloween - HISTORY.com

Every October, carved pumpkins peer out from porches and doorsteps in the United States and other parts of the world.Gourd-like orange fruits inscribed with ghoulish faces and illuminated by candles are a sure sign of the Halloween season. The practice of decorating “jack-o’-lanterns”—the name comes from an Irish folktale about a man named Stingy Jack—originated in Ireland, where large turnips and potatoes served as an early canvas. Irish immigrants brought the tradition to America, home of the pumpkin, and it became an integral part of Halloween festivities.

We used to do the pumpkin carving, but it got lost somewhere along the years. I can't say I'm a fan of the mess, or the old rotten ones people keep sitting out on their lawns until December.

I did NOT know they even had pumpkin bagels....is there no end to what pumpkin can invade???

Reactions: DoTell