Phoenix Votes to Avoid Satanic Prayer

Mokey

Magically Delicious
Reaction score
Phoenix’s city council voted Wednesday to replace its traditional invocation at the beginning of meetings with a moment of silence, in an effort to block a group from leading a satanic prayer at an upcoming meeting. After hours of discussion, the council voted 5-4 in favor of the moment-of-silence rule, which will go into effect immediately and prevent the local Satanic Temple from opening the meeting on Feb. 17 with a satanic prayer. Critics told the council it had no right to deny the Satanists’ opportunity to pray and raised concerns over a possible lawsuit. “There are worse things to fear than a lawsuit. There is a Satan who wants to destroy us,” one Phoenix lawyer told the crowd. “Why invite him here?”

Reactions: The Doctor
Phoenix’s city council voted Wednesday to replace its traditional invocation at the beginning of meetings with a moment of silence, in an effort to block a group from leading a satanic prayer at an upcoming meeting. After hours of discussion, the council voted 5-4 in favor of the moment-of-silence rule, which will go into effect immediately and prevent the local Satanic Temple from opening the meeting on Feb. 17 with a satanic prayer. Critics told the council it had no right to deny the Satanists’ opportunity to pray and raised concerns over a possible lawsuit. “There are worse things to fear than a lawsuit. There is a Satan who wants to destroy us,” one Phoenix lawyer told the crowd. “Why invite him here?”

Now, this represents what? Does seem firmly directed at the Satanists, but, I think a moment of silence would be appropriate for everyone of all faiths...unless you are a Dervish, then it might be difficult.

Reactions: Mokey
The Satanists won on this one. That's what they wanted....remove the prayer. Although the moment of silence can work for those that wish to pray.

and we wonder why God is face palming ............:)

Reactions: JoMama and Debi
God has never ruled this world, he gave it to men and they are allowed free will. Remember that next time someone asks you "Why does god allow things to happen?"

Reactions: JoMama and Debi
God has never ruled this world, he gave it to men and they are allowed free will. Remember that next time someone asks you "Why does god allow things to happen?"
"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
--Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

Reactions: Debi