Pay up and be exorcised!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Exorcist: Priest performs mass exorcism on hundreds in Ethiopia | Daily Mail Online

The Exorcist: Priest performs mass exorcism on hundreds of people who paid up to a month's wages to rid themselves of demons at Ethiopian ceremony
  • Hundreds queue up to meet with a priest and 'exorcist' at a rural church outside Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
  • Exorcism rituals to 'rid the body of demons' sometimes take place in the Ethiopian Orthodox church
  • This instance saw 150 line up to see a priest charging up to one-month's wages for an 'exorcism'
  • Images show the priest touch believers on the forehead with a cross and spraying them with 'holy water'

Full story with pics at site.

Reactions: Paintman
These priests should be publicly ridiculed. Demons aren’t even all that common but you’re still ripping people off of a months wages for someone to touch you and spray you?

These priests should be publicly ridiculed. Demons aren’t even all that common but you’re still ripping people off of a months wages for someone to touch you and spray you?
This is why it's so dangerous to have anyone and everyone out there playing exorcist!

OK, this brings me to a question for everyone. Does every "possession" have to be demonic in nature? How about a spirit/ghost who was a bad guy in life who continues to be one on the otherside but is not a demon? Can that negative spirit also possess, influence, attach to a living soul?

OK, this brings me to a question for everyone. Does every "possession" have to be demonic in nature? How about a spirit/ghost who was a bad guy in life who continues to be one on the otherside but is not a demon? Can that negative spirit also possess, influence, attach to a living soul?
I think that we can be influenced by ghosts. And I’m sure with mediums invoking the dead, there is some degree of possession there. I’ve worked at a haunted butcher shop (an employee there dropped dead from a heart attack decades ago) and I’ve felt that spirit messing with my emotions. Also doesn’t help that animals were processed there.

Reactions: Paintman
Another thing I want to bring up is in the gospel I’ve seen both the term “demon” and “unclean spirit”. I don’t know if this was a translation thing or if there was actually a distinction between the two.

an unclean spirit could be what some charismatics call the spirit of infirmity, or in lay terms, disease and mental illness. But perhaps it also referred to the dead who attach them selves to, or possess people.

V
Another thing I want to bring up is in the gospel I’ve seen both the term “demon” and “unclean spirit”. I don’t know if this was a translation thing or if there was actually a distinction between the two.

an unclean spirit could be what some charismatics call the spirit of infirmity, or in lay terms, disease and mental illness. But perhaps it also referred to the dead who attach them selves to, or possess people.
very good points Charleh!

I think spirits attach to people and affect their lives and health. These are probably the ones that ho untreated because others think it’s actually the persons own personality or choices.

Reactions: Charleh

What I believe is that possession is carried out by the jinn. It can be either the evil ones (what we refer to as demons) or even the good ones.

What I believe is that possession is carried out by the jinn. It can be either the evil ones (what we refer to as demons) or even the good ones.
Quick question. Do you believe that angels are also jinn or are they a different creature?