Paranormal Tools

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I've often spoken of the Ouija Board being a "tool" to be used by those with full understanding of the operating instructions! But there are many other tools used in the field of paranormal. There are spiritual tools, such as Tarot cards, holy water, scrying mirrors, crystals, etc. Then there are the more "techie" tools, like spirit boxes and EMF meters.

Question of the night for you: have you ever used any paranormal tools of either classification? Do you believe these tools add to the investigation of the paranormal world? Do you think any of them have value and/or even work?

All things witchy, but go sans tools for the most part these days. I still like to use my representations of the elements in circle, and hey, sometimes it's a good time to do fire movement to see how far you can push or bend it. Have used spirit boards, but they don't do much for me. I find my other interactions with other realms far more satisfying. If you count guides as tools, they are right with me and called when needed. Same goes for animals. I find them to be one of the most effective tools you can use in all things paranormal. I have access to an incredibly amazing dog, who takes his payment in being allowed to call in a playmate. I've had many tarot decks but they just don't give me what I'm able to do on my own accord. Have had a few very good readings, but just not my bag. Crystals I love, and I spend a lot of time cleansing and recharging them to be used for different purposes. Not into mirrors at all, and have a bit of fear when it comes to them. Candles are a staple, and my desk drawers are always filled with different sizes and colors because you just never know which one you'll need.
I've never gone techie. Not to say I wouldn't try, but my communication comes naturally, so why add extra work to the process. Knowing me, I'd just become more skeptical than intrigued with such devices.

I used a Ouija board just once and I have already described the results in another thread. No thank you on that one. I was gifted with tarot cards in the 70's and still have the same deck. I do readings and never charge for a reading. It is a gift. Most people like my readings and will come back (sometimes too often). I have a rule that I will only read someone once every 6 months. I have had people get up and leave in the middle of a reading because it was too accurate and scared them. I have my sage and tools for smudging they are part of my household cleansing equipment. Sometimes I burn sweet grass but only to draw the grandmothers and grandfathers to me. I don't do it very often because they will show you the truth and if you resist they will thump you hard to get your attention. I still work with crystals and other earthly materials. It makes me happy.

Reactions: Paintman and Mokey
Burn sage. It seems to make the Indians happy. No fooling.
As a Catholic, we got a Motherload of stuff.:) I wear a Jesus, Mary, and Michael around my neck. St. Benedict chaplet in my pocket for a speedy prayer. And Crucifixes over doors. Once dated a really funny girl. She looked around my home and said " You really are afraid of Dracula?"
On topic, I tend towards keeping things out . And the above posters, you'd get along great with my Mom!

Faith and belief in the implements at hand and confidence that the results and consequences will be in accord with The Plan often suffice.
I will take a pass at the Ouija, though.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
All things witchy, but go sans tools for the most part these days. I still like to use my representations of the elements in circle, and hey, sometimes it's a good time to do fire movement to see how far you can push or bend it. Have used spirit boards, but they don't do much for me. I find my other interactions with other realms far more satisfying. If you count guides as tools, they are right with me and called when needed. Same goes for animals. I find them to be one of the most effective tools you can use in all things paranormal. I have access to an incredibly amazing dog, who takes his payment in being allowed to call in a playmate. I've had many tarot decks but they just don't give me what I'm able to do on my own accord. Have had a few very good readings, but just not my bag. Crystals I love, and I spend a lot of time cleansing and recharging them to be used for different purposes. Not into mirrors at all, and have a bit of fear when it comes to them. Candles are a staple, and my desk drawers are always filled with different sizes and colors because you just never know which one you'll need.
I've never gone techie. Not to say I wouldn't try, but my communication comes naturally, so why add extra work to the process. Knowing me, I'd just become more skeptical than intrigued with such devices.
WORD!!!!

I used a Ouija board just once and I have already described the results in another thread. No thank you on that one. I was gifted with tarot cards in the 70's and still have the same deck. I do readings and never charge for a reading. It is a gift. Most people like my readings and will come back (sometimes too often). I have a rule that I will only read someone once every 6 months. I have had people get up and leave in the middle of a reading because it was too accurate and scared them. I have my sage and tools for smudging they are part of my household cleansing equipment. Sometimes I burn sweet grass but only to draw the grandmothers and grandfathers to me. I don't do it very often because they will show you the truth and if you resist they will thump you hard to get your attention. I still work with crystals and other earthly materials. It makes me happy.
"Sometimes I burn sweet grass but only to draw the grandmothers and grandfathers to me. I don't do it very often because they will show you the truth and if you resist they will thump you hard to get your attention." I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK

Some of those apps this forum found during the GIS show produce a few variations on a theme.

Reactions: Debi