paranormal experience? would love to hear some thoughts :)

Scarlet

Reaction score
A few years ago I was sitting around my room and got the random idea to research more about a certain deceased somewhat famous person. as I was reading this persons biography, particularly the parts about childhood/teen years. Previously I had been researching a severe mental illness I had when I was younger, but could never understand, I had never discussed it with anybody as I didn't know how, and was afraid.. for lack of a better word. It ended up going away on its own eventually, somehow, years before this but I was still looking for answers and trying to do a lot of research to find something that could explain what it was, with no luck. While I was reading about this person, however, I learned that he had the SAME problem, he explained it EXACTLY how it was. after awhile I became obsessed with trying to find out more about this person, and the deeper I dug, the more uncanny the similarities between us were, even random little details. needless to say, I was seriously creeped out, and significantly disturbed about the whole thing. Until one night, I had this dream about him. It was super vivid and pleasant and significant. I've never felt or experienced anything like that before in my life.

A few weeks later I had another dream, it was like watching an old home movie through my eyes, of him as a child. and then a whole bunch of strange things started happening. I got very sick, went through many different with many different doctors, with absolutely no answers. Then I started to receive phone calls from the US about health products, and when I'd call back the people would get angry and say that they never called. I also received a voicemail without getting a phone call. a lot of it was hard to hear, but from what I could hear, this man was trying to meet with some woman to discuss mental health. pens would randomly roll off the table, I'd hear loud banging noises coming from upstairs and when Id go check nothing would be out of place, cats would follow me home ( which had never happened before ) the bathroom lights would keep burning out within a week, for about a week the power would go off only in my area every time I was about to leave the house, and would go back on as soon as I was out of the area, and all the clocks in the house stopped working within a few days of each other.
There were a few other things that had happened as well, like one time the big wooden rocking chair in the living room was flipped over onto the couch in the morning when I had woken up, but there was nobody around to have done that. At work one day there were blue flower petals scattered all around my work area somehow, despite having no blue flowers in the store, (that happened after I had asked for a sign) and I asked as a sign I would like to hear a black sabbath song playing ( it was the first thing that came to mind that I don't commonly hear so it would be somewhat significant to hear on the radio or something ), and a few nights later I heard a black sabbath song playing on the speakers at work.

Things got quiet for about a month, and then I was standing downstairs next to the stairs and I seen someone coming down them in the dark, I assumed it was just my brother, but after a few minutes I had realized that my brother wasn't at home, and so, I looked back and there was what looked like the silhouette of a man wearing a hat standing right next to me on the bottom step, just staring at me. It startled me and I quickly looked away and it was gone when I looked back again.
There was some other stuff that had happened as well, but those are the most important and significant things. I've been trying to research for quite awhile to find some more information, I'd like to know or get a better idea about, if something had really happened, or if it was all just in my head lol, either way, the whole experience has definitely made me a believer!! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Reactions: Benway and 7Critter
A few years ago I was sitting around my room and got the random idea to research more about a certain deceased somewhat famous person. as I was reading this persons biography, particularly the parts about childhood/teen years. Previously I had been researching a severe mental illness I had when I was younger, but could never understand, I had never discussed it with anybody as I didn't know how, and was afraid.. for lack of a better word. It ended up going away on its own eventually, somehow, years before this but I was still looking for answers and trying to do a lot of research to find something that could explain what it was, with no luck. While I was reading about this person, however, I learned that he had the SAME problem, he explained it EXACTLY how it was. after awhile I became obsessed with trying to find out more about this person, and the deeper I dug, the more uncanny the similarities between us were, even random little details. needless to say, I was seriously creeped out, and significantly disturbed about the whole thing. Until one night, I had this dream about him. It was super vivid and pleasant and significant. I've never felt or experienced anything like that before in my life.

A few weeks later I had another dream, it was like watching an old home movie through my eyes, of him as a child. and then a whole bunch of strange things started happening. I got very sick, went through many different with many different doctors, with absolutely no answers. Then I started to receive phone calls from the US about health products, and when I'd call back the people would get angry and say that they never called. I also received a voicemail without getting a phone call. a lot of it was hard to hear, but from what I could hear, this man was trying to meet with some woman to discuss mental health. pens would randomly roll off the table, I'd hear loud banging noises coming from upstairs and when Id go check nothing would be out of place, cats would follow me home ( which had never happened before ) the bathroom lights would keep burning out within a week, for about a week the power would go off only in my area every time I was about to leave the house, and would go back on as soon as I was out of the area, and all the clocks in the house stopped working within a few days of each other.
There were a few other things that had happened as well, like one time the big wooden rocking chair in the living room was flipped over onto the couch in the morning when I had woken up, but there was nobody around to have done that. At work one day there were blue flower petals scattered all around my work area somehow, despite having no blue flowers in the store, (that happened after I had asked for a sign) and I asked as a sign I would like to hear a black sabbath song playing ( it was the first thing that came to mind that I don't commonly hear so it would be somewhat significant to hear on the radio or something ), and a few nights later I heard a black sabbath song playing on the speakers at work.

Things got quiet for about a month, and then I was standing downstairs next to the stairs and I seen someone coming down them in the dark, I assumed it was just my brother, but after a few minutes I had realized that my brother wasn't at home, and so, I looked back and there was what looked like the silhouette of a man wearing a hat standing right next to me on the bottom step, just staring at me. It startled me and I quickly looked away and it was gone when I looked back again.
There was some other stuff that had happened as well, but those are the most important and significant things. I've been trying to research for quite awhile to find some more information, I'd like to know or get a better idea about, if something had really happened, or if it was all just in my head lol, either way, the whole experience has definitely made me a believer!! Thanks for reading!
Hi Scarlet. Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. Thanks for posting your experiences. Sorry you have had to go through these.

Reactions: Scarlet
Welcome to the forum! I’m slightly confused. Did all of these things since the second paragraph happen in your dreams or did some of these happen in real life?

Don’t worry maybe after some coffee I’ll read it up again. Thanks for sharing!

Welcome to the forum! I’m slightly confused. Did all of these things since the second paragraph happen in your dreams or did some of these happen in real life?

Don’t worry maybe after some coffee I’ll read it up again. Thanks for sharing!

Hi thanks for replying! Sorry I just re read what I wrote and I can see how that could be confusing haha, I'll fix that shortly :p ! The stuff from getting sick onward actually happened lol.

Reactions: Benway and Charleh
Hi! Welcome to the forum. :)
I went through a phase lasting years where lightbulbs kept blowing out and even streetlights would sometimes wink out as I passed. I know I'm not the only one here who has had that sort of experience.
Which Black Sabbath song was played? And did you ask for a specific song or did the song choose itself?
Cats are strange things. I had one hang around outside my home meowing for a long time and even trying to run inside when I opened the door to go inside or the window. Stranger still, I live on the top two floors of a four storey building with no way for a cat to get through all the doors or to my window unless somebody put it on the roof and in my corridor. (It didn't belong to anybody in my corridor.) Cats are strange...
It sounds like poltergeist stuff, though that isn't much help as it's just a catch-all phrase to describe this sort of thing with no agreed explanation.
The petals... Objects actually appearing is really intense. Blue flowers are quite unusual and petals are living things, or from a living thing, which seems like it should be harder to *poof* into existence from nowhere, or maybe they are from a blue flower elsewhere, in which case there's teleportation involved, or maybe somebody putting them there and then forgetting due to something...
Do any of these things mean anything in particular to you?

Last edited:
Hi Scarlet. Bens expierences show that you are not alone. The one concerning part of your account is what sounds like a shadow man. This entity wears a hat and appears as a silhouette that is dark in color. These things are routinely reported as negative. Please be careful in dealing with this.

Hi! Welcome to the forum. :)
I went through a phase lasting years where lightbulbs kept blowing out and even streetlights would sometimes wink out as I passed. I know I'm not the only one here who has had that sort of experience.
Which Black Sabbath song was played? And did you ask for a specific song or did the song choose itself?
Cats are strange things. I had one hang around outside my home meowing for a long time and even trying to run inside when I opened the door to go inside or the window. Stranger still, I live on the top two floors of a four storey building with no way for a cat to get through all the doors or to my window unless somebody put it on the roof and in my corridor. (It didn't belong to anybody in my corridor.) Cats are strange...
It sounds like poltergeist stuff, though that isn't much help as it's just a catch-all phrase to describe this sort of thing with no agreed explanation.
The petals... Objects actually appearing is really intense. Blue flowers are quite unusual and petals are living things, or from a living thing, which seems like it should be harder to *poof* into existence from nowhere, or maybe they are from a blue flower elsewhere, in which case there's teleportation involved, or maybe somebody putting them there and then forgetting due to something...
Do any of these things mean anything in particular to you?

I'm super glad you've experienced some similar things! and the song just chose itself, I just asked for any old black sabbath song, I don't really listen to that band lol, and didn't really know any of their songs, I just tried to come up with something that would be somewhat unusual to hear you know? it was the first thing I could think of haha, and I was a cashier at a grocery store when it was playing over the speakers, so.. that was kinda unusual lol. As for the cats, it was this white cat that has lived near my house for years, but has never bothered with me or came to the house, but one night it ran right in the house when I opened the door, I let it hang around a bit until it wanted to leave and it never came back, then some random cat i had never seen before followed me all the way up the street to my front door then ran off, and I had never seen that cat again after that lol. I am a cat person though so having cats follow me home as a sign would make sense. That's very strange that cats would be getting up to your apartment haha!! I wonder how they were getting there!! lol!!
And as for the flower petals, I have no idea what that could be about, lol,
I don't know a whole lot about poltergeists, but I will definitely look more into that!

Reactions: 7Critter
Hi Scarlet. Bens expierences show that you are not alone. The one concerning part of your account is what sounds like a shadow man. This entity wears a hat and appears as a silhouette that is dark in color. These things are routinely reported as negative. Please be careful in dealing with this.
Thanks Lynne!!
Good to know! Thankfully that is the only time I had seen anything like that haha, but I have been kinda worried that I will see it again lol.

Reactions: 7Critter
Thanks Lynne!!
Good to know! Thankfully that is the only time I had seen anything like that haha, but I have been kinda worried that I will see it again lol.
Keep us updated