Over the Isle of Wight

titch2k6

Truth Seeker
Reaction score

UFO question as unidentifiable objects appear over Isle of Wight

313366658.gallery.jpg

Reactions: 7Critter
The shape and equal spacing of the "objects" leads me to believe those are light fixture reflections. There is also a bluish reflection of what looks like a ceiling (or maybe an awning) edge. No explanation was given from where the photo was taken, or if/when others were taken relative to this one. Appears to be from water level, so maybe the ground floor of a building right on the water, or even a boat. Could be reflections off a window, especially if the photo was taken through a window, the water, or the lens itself.

Interestingly, this picture has been taken at sea on approach to IOW. I am guessing that, if not a private boat, possibly one of the Red Funnel ferries, as you suggest Duke. To be noted, the ferries do have round downlights in the seating decks and if you look at the signified picture, it does look rather like a bulb reflection if you look at it closely.

There have been a number of UFO sightings above the Isle over the past few years, and some of them do appear to be bright, saucer-shaped objects in origin:

ufo.gif

However, a lot of sightings have also been proven non-UFO, like this one that was actually reported by a (large) number of residents back in April 2021, and proves that potentially, anyone will cry 'Wolf' these days:

grenadeballoonflying.jpg

Yes - it is a hot-air balloon............ :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Due to IOW's geographical location to the Royal Navy's port in Plymouth, and other various military bases around the South of England, I wonder how many of the reported sightings are other explainable, and military induced, objects mistaken for UFOs? Then again, because of this, is it possible that it has become a UFO hotspot in a similar way that some US bases get frequent sightings?

Reactions: Lynne
richard-branson-ufo-april-fools-1989-london-4.jpg

Do you remember Richard Branson's hot air balloon/UFO April Fool's prank?

Do the IOW hovercraft ferries still run? We took one of them from/to Portsmouth, it was quite a ride.

Reactions: Macc_HC and Lynne