Numerology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Listened to Glynis McCants the other night on C2C. You can determine your number for the year by adding your month and date of birth (no year) and adding that to seven. It's the year of seven which she predicts to be a very spiritual year but we best beware of nature (storms, earthquakes, etc.) You can read what all numbers mean (Lifepath numbers) at numberslady.com. I've also found TheDreamTime.com offers similar explanations of the numbers. If you are looking to find what your lifepath number is, add your entire birthday for that number. (1/26/1953 = 9)
So, what's your number? Think it's valid or hokum? What say you?

I don't know enough about numerology to have a definite opinion one way or another. I wonder if Glynis knows what she is talking about? She seems to talk a mile a minute and say a lot of things that can't really be proven.

I really don't follow it that much but thought I'd put it out there to see what others thought. I'm a 9, and some of the description is valid, while other parts I don't quite see. I do know enough about astrology to note that the "numbers" align themselves almost exactly with the meanings of the first 9 houses of the zodiac wheel. I find that just a little strange/eerily coincidental.

I really don't follow it that much but thought I'd put it out there to see what others thought. I'm a 9, and some of the description is valid, while other parts I don't quite see. I do know enough about astrology to note that the "numbers" align themselves almost exactly with the meanings of the first 9 houses of the zodiac wheel. I find that just a little strange/eerily coincidental.
Hmm...it could be another form of divination. They could all be different ways of getting to the same answer.

Hmm...it could be another form of divination. They could all be different ways of getting to the same answer.
One of the things my nun taught me was that all things can be used as a form of "Divine-nization" rather than divination. I try to remain open to everything to get a peek at the divine!

Reactions: Naked Apple
I don't know enough about numerology to have a definite opinion one way or another. I wonder if Glynis knows what she is talking about? She seems to talk a mile a minute and say a lot of things that can't really be proven.
I tend to agree. Like with a lot of these people, if they say enough general statements, and throw out enough of them (shotgun approach), you're bound to get hits once in a while. It's like reading your horoscope in the paper, they're often just vague enough that you can generally make them fit your situation somehow.

Listened to Glynis McCants the other night on C2C. You can determine your number for the year by adding your month and date of birth (no year) and adding that to seven. It's the year of seven which she predicts to be a very spiritual year but we best beware of nature (storms, earthquakes, etc.) You can read what all numbers mean (Lifepath numbers) at numberslady.com. I've also found TheDreamTime.com offers similar explanations of the numbers. If you are looking to find what your lifepath number is, add your entire birthday for that number. (1/26/1953 = 9)
So, what's your number? Think it's valid or hokum? What say you?
I think it's intriguing enough that I would like to read a numerology book. I have always been fascinated with numbers. I'm not "gifted" with numbers, but I always enjoyed working with numbers like accounting, spreadsheets, etc. I know that's not the same as numerology, but I like the combination of something concrete (like numbers) attempting to tie in with non-concrete things like life paths, etc. as it is a good way to quantify somewhat objectively what you're trying to propose, and validate it.

Reactions: Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.