Now confirmed new Ebola case in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I just wish if they basically give their word that they are self-quarantining, they need to stay the heck home and not go bowling or out for soup!!
This is called medical denial...it can't POSSIBLY happen to them cuz they are medical personnel and therefore almighty! (We of the lower class of medical people call it The God Syndrome when we speak of doctors.)

Reactions: Seahunter
This is called medical denial...it can't POSSIBLY happen to them cuz they are medical personnel and therefore almighty! (We of the lower class of medical people call it The God Syndrome when we speak of doctors.)
LOL, yeah the good old God complex! Pilots can catch that disease too from what I've seen! :D

Reactions: Debi
What concerns me is that nurse #2 and this doc both report feeling the first signs of fatigue, etc. before the fever but still insist they were OK to go running around. Now, they should be the first ones to put on the brakes and wait to see if something further develops. So you can see if this would jump to the general public how difficult it would be to contain because no one would react to those initial symptoms. If trained observers such as health personnel who know they've had exposure won't, the public really won't.

Reactions: Seahunter
Well, I'm off to the grocery store. Purell in purse and ready for wipe downs! See you later!

What concerns me is that nurse #2 and this doc both report feeling the first signs of fatigue, etc. before the fever but still insist they were OK to go running around. Now, they should be the first ones to put on the brakes and wait to see if something further develops. So you can see if this would jump to the general public how difficult it would be to contain because no one would react to those initial symptoms. If trained observers such as health personnel who know they've had exposure won't, the public really won't.
Good point. I hope people start to pay more attention, and if they don't feel well stay away from people and stay home!

I was reading these post in my FB feed this am about this... I just want to bang my head against the wall... Out of ALL the people coming back to US from these countries affected... One woukd THINK that doctors would be pretty damn high on the list to QUARENTINE ?!!?! what am I missing here? Argh! In one article I read was talking about the subways he took and his outings but say no one should panoc bc its next to nill chance he could have affected anyone... So does this mean they now TOTALLY understand this super strain of Ebola and all its new characteristics that its evolved into?

I was reading these post in my FB feed this am about this... I just want to bang my head against the wall... Out of ALL the people coming back to US from these countries affected... One woukd THINK that doctors would be pretty damn high on the list to QUARENTINE ?!!?! what am I missing here? Argh! In one article I read was talking about the subways he took and his outings but say no one should panoc bc its next to nill chance he could have affected anyone... So does this mean they now TOTALLY understand this super strain of Ebola and all its new characteristics that its evolved into?
NOPE! But they will continue with the rhetoric to keep the masses calm.

Status
Not open for further replies.