Not just no, but hell no!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK...this brings up another question...is there an ethics board for scientists??? You know my favorite saying on these things...just because we can doesn't mean we should. We currently have scientists putting out the alarm on CERN looking to open portals to other universes, and I see no one stopping them. So, if a scientist wants to do something dangerous, no one can stop him??? It's all OK because it's in the name of knowledge?

Reactions: surge
That's a very good question. If there isn't some sort of an ethics board, there should be. A final decision is probably left to the employer, and if it gets them good press and more grant money/donations, then I'm sure they're up for allowing most anything,

Reactions: Debi
That just seems to be a very scary power balance there. :eek:

I think there is. I remember a big controversy about using aborted fetuses to clone different things. I feel like i should know this but I could be wrong. Im just a forensic scientist who dabbles in the known, true and trusted methods. Oh but what i would do if i could have my own microscope to do my own experiments at home! Nothing like this however, too much biology for this chick! I wonder who is funding this guy? If you have enough money and can keep quiet you can pretty much do whatever. There isnt a science police officer going around trying to find all the Dr. frankenstines! Although it wouldnt be a bad job or idea.

Reactions: surge
Status
Not open for further replies.