Noah's Genetic Ark on Moon?

I think that if they used the money it would take for this project to preserve indangered species here it would be a better value. What good would the species bank be on the moon. If we had a catastrophic event, how would we get them back here. Better to have a vault right here, underground.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
I think that if they used the money it would take for this project to preserve indangered species here it would be a better value. What good would the species bank be on the moon. If we had a catastrophic event, how would we get them back here. Better to have a vault right here, underground.
We do actually have one here on Earth. This would be a back up, but you do point out the obvious...how the heck do we retrieve it after a catastrophic event?

Reactions: Lynne
wouldnt it be ironic if an alien species also did this and an asteroid or whatever hit their moon and thats how earth got seeded for life....hahaha... maybe we will seed the cosmos with more life if this goes awry.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
We do actually have one here on Earth. This would be a back up, but you do point out the obvious...how the heck do we retrieve it after a catastrophic event?
Right but I thought that was a seed bank not a DNA bank. I haven’t read anything on it In a long time so it’s possible they are now storing that there too.

wouldnt it be ironic if an alien species also did this and an asteroid or whatever hit their moon and thats how earth got seeded for life....hahaha... maybe we will seed the cosmos with more life if this goes awry.
I’ve often wondered if the missing people here in earth are now colonists on distant planets.

Reactions: Paulm