Noah's Ark Being Built in Kentucky

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
Bible-Based All-Wood Ark Takes Shape in Kentucky Field

A planned all-wood replica of Noah's ark got a step closer to its Old Testament ideal on Thursday, when workers lifted yet another rib of the would-be vessel into place in a Kentucky pasture.

The future tourist attraction is called Ark Encounter — centered around a 510-foot-long ark, which the builder, a Christian ministry called "Answers in Genesis," says "will be the largest timber-frame structure in the world" when it's completed next summer.

Builders are betting big that millions of visitors will flood the Williamstown, Kentucky, attraction. Ken Ham, president of Answers in Genesis, told WLWT he expects up to about 2 million visitors per year.

"I believe it will be one of the biggest attractions outside of Disney, Universal, people like that — it's going to be one of the biggest attractions in this country."

Ham said the ark, which is being built according to dimensions provided in the Bible for the vessel that survived the worldwide flood, will house three stories of exhibits, while the fourth floor is planned to be a restaurant.

More at:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bible-based-all-wood-ark-takes-shape-kentucky-field-n382146

That is going to be the most ironic icon when the Earth dries up. :confused:

What is that restaurant menu going to be? Eucharist and wine?

I'm beginning to think I need to start building one here! lol The rain just keeps on coming here in Indy.

What is that restaurant menu going to be? Eucharist and wine?
LOL Great line, Indigo! :D

Reactions: Indigo
Builders are betting big that millions of visitors will flood the Williamstown, Kentucky, attraction.
badum-tish.jpg

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi
Ya we need an arc here in pa... Ack. But hey, in my house alone I can provide lots of 2 by 2 species.... Err then again most are sterilized.... So THAT would be useless....

I'm hoping there's a garden on that arc too.... We need veggies too!

Reactions: Debi and Seahunter