Night Thoughts

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Lately, I have been dreaming about hospitals and nursing homes quite a bit. In the dreams, I am wandering around, trying to figure out if I am a staff member or a patient. I have short interactions with patients and often feel a bit lost. A few years ago, I read about people who nearly died at birth. The author put forth this theory that forever more, that person would have a foot in both worlds. Often they are instrumental in assisting the souls of people who have passed, to move on. He also said that those of us charged with this work are hardly aware that they are doing this. It is certainly food for thought! I have had some very specific dreams of a friend who was dying of cancer. In one dream, she begged me to carry her. Since she weighted quite a bit in real life, I hesitated. But when I lifted her, she was a light as air. I carried her up a flight of stairs. When I woke from that dream, she had phoned me and left a message that she'd had surgery and was in horrible pain. I hadn't expected her to live, but she did. In the following years, I had several dreams of this nature. Just some musings!