Need help desperately

For some reason salt seems to be considered a major barrier to supernatural beings. Any salt! as if they were slugs! I have no experience in this, but it's a standard part of magical rituals to surround yourself in a ring of salt.

An important thing to note before tipping a sack of salt all around your house though is that if it is inside the house (and salt works) then that would stop it leaving. Nothing is ever easy.
I often use eggshell powder. But it’s powerful stuff. Nothing gets in or out so you gotta make sure everything bad gets out the first time around.

Hoodoo apparently. I’ve been using it for the past few months and didn’t know that. But with my experience it’s pretty powerful on its own. Cascarilla Powder. How to make and use it. - Magical Recipes Online
Thanks. This prompted some quick research. It seems that eggshell is a substitute for sacred earth from Africa (presumably chalk) and that jogged my mind and made me think "Of course! You moron, Ben!"

Of course calcium is important in these things! What is a magic circle and all of the symbols drawn with? Chalk! Calcium! Being surrounded by calcium is part of the Egyptian derived magical tradition as much as the sub-Saharan African tradition! Thanks for prompting me to remember the obvious!

So, sodium or calcium, for some reason are good for creating barriers in magical practice. Chalk would probably do.

Reactions: Charleh
T
Thanks. This prompted some quick research. It seems that eggshell is a substitute for sacred earth from Africa (presumably chalk) and that jogged my mind and made me think "Of course! You moron, Ben!"

Of course calcium is important in these things! What is a magic circle and all of the symbols drawn with? Chalk! Calcium! Being surrounded by calcium is part of the Egyptian derived magical tradition as much as the sub-Saharan African tradition! Thanks for prompting me to remember the obvious!

So, sodium or calcium, for some reason are good for creating barriers in magical practice. Chalk would probably do.
Theyre also very heavy I noticed. I have a pickle jar filled to the brim with this stuff. And packed tight. It feels about 1 kilo. So is fine ground salt.

But yeah most chalk sticks are made of plaster of Paris and some starch so I don’t recommend chalk sticks for warding or magick.

Reactions: Benway
T
Theyre also very heavy I noticed. I have a pickle jar filled to the brim with this stuff. And packed tight. It feels about 1 kilo. So is fine ground salt.

But yeah most chalk sticks are made of plaster of Paris and some starch so I don’t recommend chalk sticks for warding or magick.
Thanks. I didn't know that. What is the world coming to when chalk is made of not chalk?
Beneath.The.Scarlet.Veil, were just throwing ideas in your direction. Maybe some of these tips and concepts can help.
Yes. This is your thread and not Charleh and Ben's magic workshop!

Reactions: Lynne
Hi and welcome B. I’m late to this post but our men here seem to have matters in hand. I will await your response before commenting.

I'm new here as well but pretty well versed in this subject matter. Got some questions.

What time does this normally occur?

Any temperature change you notice?

Any bad smells?

Any knocks in threes?

Any significant change in your day to day life?

Any where in your house your hair stands on end or you get a nausea feeling?

Everyone has pretty much said exactly what I was thinking. I hope we hear back with more details so we can maybe help.

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne