Need Advice

Mamabear

Reaction score
my daughter is 10 and for most of her life she has been terrified of what she started calling when she was 3, the shadow people. It started with voices. I would be in another room and she would come in and say “what mommy?” She would say she heard someone say her name. This happened every day. Sometimes the voice would just say Hi. She described the voice as neither male or femaie. It even happened when I was in the room but I heard nothing. Soon she started seeing the shadow people. She would be woken by them standing over her. Often in groups or standing in the door. Sometimes she would be wide awake and point to them and ask me if I could see them. I didn’t. Night after night at 3 am I would awaken to her screams. She slept in the same bed as her sister. Her sister never woke. I began to notice that the house seemed physically darker. The light just didn’t seem to penetrate. The house felt oppressive. Then it would stop for a couple months only to start up again. I began to feel it before the nightly screams started. Everyone was easier to anger, easier to sadness. By the time she was 7 she still saw them but not as often and not as scary. But the oppression would still come. Then the pets started. Our dog now let’s us know. She is an anxious dog at the best of times. But she would face the front door and cower, whining then run hide in her crate. Or she would just cower and hide in her crate all day. Then one day she was cowering and barking at a wall when she started yelping in pain and ran to the crate. We have dealt with all this in the past based on the recommendation of the pastor at our church with prayer and the constant playing of praise music. It has been somewhat effective but it always comes back. A few months ago she woke up to go to the bathroom. She says when she got back to her loft bed, all of a sudden this extremely tall, skinny man was walking up and down along her bed, his head skimming the ceiling. Then he disappeared. Later the next day my 12 year old told me she had woken up terrified to the sound of footsteps in her room. That is the first time she has ever confirmed or experienced anything. She didn’t know about her sisters experience that night. Today my 10 year old asked me if I thought the house was haunted. She said when she was outside the other afternoon she saw a man in a black coat wearing a hat walking towards her. When she looked directly at him he disappeared. It kind of rung a bell and I googled man in hat and found out it’s a thing. I am worried for my family and especially my daughter who seems singled out. How do I protect her? She is so tired of being afraid.

Mamabear, I want you to contact Heidi Hollis. You can find her info by google. She has a podcast and is the best researcher on your problem. She's written several books on these entities and has had personal experience with them. And she beat them. If you can't find her contact info, let me know a nd I will get it in the morning for you.

Reactions: Mamabear
She said when she was outside the other afternoon she saw a man in a black coat wearing a hat
I've seen the hat man on two different occasions,while he would be intimidating to a child, I feel he means no ill will,more like he's warning of something,your daughter sounds very open.Debi's advice sounds the goods on how to deal with this.atb.

Here is a copy of the at Michael’s prayer, we have it posted here on the forum but just so it’s handy. It is effective for all faiths I would recommend teaching this to your daughter and pray it yourself , morning and night. I would also get a blessed cross or medal and have your daughter wear it constantly. This will give her some feeling of security and protection. Have you considered moving? Having a house blessing? Keep us posted and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of information on this sight that you may find helpful.
98DD3A9F-8908-4202-88AF-74938689D555.jpeg

Last edited:
I used to see those groups of shadow people at my door, in my mid to late teens. I even injured myself by trying to run from them while half asleep and terrified; I even fell out of a bunk bed and really bruised myself, once. Thank goodness I don't see them anymore! One thing; I have had an illness that affects my vision and left behind scarring and multiple floating blind spots, so many nights I wonder if I am seeing shadows or floaters; I really can't tell!

Granitesilver, I'm not going to discount what you were experiencing. That could be very real. But I have had eye problems all of my life and I know what floaters look like. Like a little shadow in the periphery:(

When I was in the Army I was diagnosed with a peripheral problem. It will take an ophthalmologist with some high-tech tools to diagnose.

Can't really pronounce the word.

Yes, it does spook one to even think that they might being seeing something supernatural. Maybe it's good that I don't know for sure what I am seeing at night...;)