Need a vacation?

Nice place
Columbus is really really nice. Probably my favorite city. Fort Benning is a shite hole. Better than Knox but a shite hole just the same. And in summer its absolutely hell on earth but somehow you adjust. I would move to Columbus though. Probably the prettiest most laid back city I've ever had the pleasure of being in.

Reactions: Lynne
Columbus is really really nice. Probably my favorite city. Fort Benning is a shite hole. Better than Knox but a shite hole just the same. And in summer its absolutely hell on earth but somehow you adjust. I would move to Columbus though. Probably the prettiest most laid back city I've ever had the pleasure of being in.
Outside of the victory drive area it is a nice city, esp on the east side of the city.....agree on Knox......Bragg and Stewart put them all to shame though...
Were you on Benning for training or stationed there.

Reactions: Debi
3rd IN Div 3rd HBCT 1-15 IN C-CO Kelly Hill. Did 4 years there. Also was over at harmony church when the armor center moved from Knox to Benning(OCS Cadre). And yea V-D drive sucked donkey nuts except Ranger Joes. I liked that place.

Reactions: Paintman and Paulm
I only went to Stewart for division stuff and again lol I loved savannah hated Stewart. Especially the pirate house in Stewart. That place is haunted as a mother f'er.

Reactions: Paulm
3rd IN Div 3rd HBCT 1-15 IN C-CO Kelly Hill. Did 4 years there. Also was over at harmony church when the armor center moved from Knox to Benning(OCS Cadre). And yea V-D drive sucked donkey nuts except Ranger Joes. I liked that place.

man, I can remember when Harmony church was still the old ww2 barracks, (might still be, I don't know) (back before it was mech)...
RANGER Joe's was outstanding...
Hey, was the Hidden Door club still on Benning.?....rowdy times there back in the day....lol

I only went to Stewart for division stuff and again lol I loved savannah hated Stewart. Especially the pirate house in Stewart. That place is haunted as a mother f'er.

awe Dude, Stewart rocked.....cool volley ball courts, just had to run the gators off them...lol...
the pirate house is excellent....oldest bldg. in the state of ga....underground tunnels going to the docks, lots of history in that place......and very good food.
hunter army airfield is nice also, right in savannah....

c'mon man, you know you loved those places..lol.....wanna talk real cesspool, how bout the dust bowl on Irwin.(NTC)....lol, if you haven't been there youre very lucky.....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
man, I can remember when Harmony church was still the old ww2 barracks, (might still be, I don't know) (back before it was mech)...
RANGER Joe's was outstanding...
Hey, was the Hidden Door club still on Benning.?....rowdy times there back in the day....lol

awe Dude, Stewart rocked.....cool volley ball courts, just had to run the gators off them...lol...
the pirate house is excellent....oldest bldg. in the state of ga....underground tunnels going to the docks, lots of history in that place......and very good food.
hunter army airfield is nice also, right in savannah....

c'mon man, you know you loved those places..lol.....wanna talk real cesspool, how bout the dust bowl on Irwin.(NTC)....lol, if you haven't been there youre very lucky.....lol
I did NTC there twice and JRTC at Polk once both places are shitty but in their defense that's kinda how they are suppose to be. Yea I went to thw pirate house 3 or 4 times.

Reactions: Debi and Paulm
I would love to visit LG in Scotland ! His town sounds wonderful. I would also love to go to Paris and spend a week going through the Louvre.