NATIONAL SAFE BOATING WEEK • May 16 - May 22, 2015

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
Remember to wear those life jackets!

http://www.readysetwearit.com/

http://www.safeboatingcampaign.com/

Wear-It-250px.jpg

True funny story here. My mom used to love to go fishing. Alone. In her own boat. Couldn't swim a lick and sank like a rock. She hated her life jacket and refused to wear it until we kids demanded she do so. She finally acquiesced by tying it to her ankle. She claimed that was "wearing" it! We told her that approach would at least work as a marker buoy for her body! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Seahunter and surge
I'm probably paranoid about water safety. I've known several people who have drowned, including a first cousin, and all were good swimmers. Water is fun, but also dangerous, and if you don't give it the proper respect bad things can happen. When we had our boat I didn't let anyone on without a life jacket, and no drinking.

water-recreation-alcohol-deaths_600p-250x208.jpg

Reactions: Seahunter and Debi
True funny story here. My mom used to love to go fishing. Alone. In her own boat. Couldn't swim a lick and sank like a rock. She hated her life jacket and refused to wear it until we kids demanded she do so. She finally acquiesced by tying it to her ankle. She claimed that was "wearing" it! We told her that approach would at least work as a marker buoy for her body! :rolleyes:
The thing too is, life jackets have come a long way in design and comfort. You can get some that are really comfortable, and not big and bulky. There really is not excuse not to wear one anymore as they are not all the big, bulky, uncomfortable ones of yesteryear.

The thing too is, life jackets have come a long way in design and comfort. You can get some that are really comfortable, and not big and bulky. There really is not excuse not to wear one anymore as they are not all the big, bulky, uncomfortable ones of yesteryear.
Oh, no...that wasn't even an issue! We bought her one that was the inflate on hitting water kind. Pricey, but we hoped that might make her wear one since it sat flat and had NO bulk to it! Nope...still tied to the ankle! I can swim like a fish, but I have always worn one anyway.

Reactions: Seahunter