My Father Was Not Pleased

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
My brother had an interesting experience, about a month or two after my father's passing. My brother (Whom I will call Bill) had gone into a diner to order some breakfast for carry out. He noticed a man sitting at a table in the rear of the diner, wearing a hat very similar to the kind my father liked to wear (Dad was born in Texas and always wore one of those ten gallon hats.) As he stared, he realized that it was my father, and that he did not look pleased. He continued to glower at my brother the whole time he was in the diner, and just before leaving, Bill glanced back once, and the man had vanished. Bill had another visitation a month later, while waiting for a train in the subway station, and noticed my father standing in the crowd on the platform, looking angrily at him. It was later discovered that my father had not made a will, so there had been some money in his bank account when he died. Probate court rules were that all surviving siblings had to sign an affidavit and then the funds would be divided equally among us. Bill lied in probate court, claiming himself to be the only offspring of my father, and had been awarded with all the money. I guess Dad wasn't too happy with him!

Oh the things people will do for money...... hope he learns his lesson

Reactions: garnetsilver
Yes, sadly enough he did. He had several unfortunate happenings after that, which I wouldn't wish on anyone. Bill and I were always close, as kids, but this certainly put distance between us.

• Sad
Reactions: Selectric
Did your brother say why he didn’t approach your dad or ask others if they could see him? I was just thinking of what I would have done in his position. These latest accounts of people seeing loved ones as solid people is amazing. What surprises me is why they dont try to talk to them or approach. Maybe fear? Idk. I’d like to think I’d run up and hug them.

Did your brother say why he didn’t approach your dad or ask others if they could see him? I was just thinking of what I would have done in his position. These latest accounts of people seeing loved ones as solid people is amazing. What surprises me is why they dont try to talk to them or approach. Maybe fear? Idk. I’d like to think I’d run up and hug them.
That's a good question Lynne! I guess it's because in my family we take such sightings for granted; growing up, we had seen and experienced lots of paranormal events in our lives, some of which I have shared here. In the case of my brother, he was in a public place with strangers, so he probably didn't want to appear crazy, asking people if they could see his Dad. Also, he was very guilty about what he had done (the money from the bank) and probably thought my father was there to confront and frighten him. They weren't on the best of terms in the years before my father's death, either. If I had seen my father there, I would certainly have rushed over to hug him, but then we were on better terms.

That's a good question Lynne! I guess it's because in my family we take such sightings for granted; growing up, we had seen and experienced lots of paranormal events in our lives, some of which I have shared here. In the case of my brother, he was in a public place with strangers, so he probably didn't want to appear crazy, asking people if they could see his Dad. Also, he was very guilty about what he had done (the money from the bank) and probably thought my father was there to confront and frighten him. They weren't on the best of terms in the years before my father's death, either. If I had seen my father there, I would certainly have rushed over to hug him, but then we were on better terms.
Thanks for the reply. It’s so mind boggling to imagine seeing someone so solid after they’ve passed. I hope your bro made peace with the family and is doing better in life.

Thanks for the reply. It’s so mind boggling to imagine seeing someone so solid after they’ve passed. I hope your bro made peace with the family and is doing better in life.
I have spoken to him a few times this year, after being very angry and disappointed with him for awhile. We've been talking about visiting, now that the weather is getting nicer. I told him that I forgave him; life is too short to be angry about money.

Money IS the root of all evil.Good to hear dad is still disciplining his kids too, bet that message really sank home to your bro.Nice to hear you are friends again,it feels good to be the better man/women.Love is all that matters in the end.I like that story garnet.

Money IS the root of all evil.Good to hear dad is still disciplining his kids too, bet that message really sank home to your bro.Nice to hear you are friends again,it feels good to be the better man/women.Love is all that matters in the end.I like that story garnet.
Glad you liked it! One thing that I didn't mention, is that my brother lost a son shortly after the money incident. It put things into perspective for us all!