• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • heck no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

happotheclown

Reaction score
0912181915.jpg

Okay so not on here too frequently but i thought this was friggin freaky (in a fun way).
So my dad called me up like three days ago to help him move stuff from the garage into a moving vehicle they were sending out to my brother (lazy dickhead) who was getting an apartment up in Maine. My dad needs my help with stuff like that because he's far to friggin old to manhandle it by himself and my mom isn't an option. Anyway I came over and we started popping boxes out of the garage. Then my dad starts freaking out when he finds my old tv (We used to have it in me and my brothers room). So he fumbles around with this little thing and starts to talk about some wierd stuff and he friggin asks me if i remember watching old scary movies on it. I had and have NO idea what he was talking about but he keeps going saying that every friday in october whrn we were younger hed rent a horror movie and he'd sit down in our room and watch it with us. I told him we never had a VCR so there was no friggin way we couldve just put a movie in. But then he said what really got me.
He said that he put it in our old game system. I asked him if he ment the Nintendo we'd had and he nodded but really half-assed, like he didnt really know what a nintendo was.
So a couple hours go by and were sitting at the dinner table having a couple of beers and he practically jumps out of his chair saying that the console he was talking about was called a "ddg-something tv system".
He said some really creepy shit, like "yeah yeah, it'd make the movies scarier. It would mess with the screen and the sound from the speakers." Anyway, freaky crap. He doodled it on his sketchpad and tossed it over to me and kept asking if i remembered the thing, and I didn't. I still don't and i think it's fantastically spooky. It looks more like a nintendo GAME then a console but it didn't exist anyway so you can see where I'm at. You guys wanna take a look? At the very least, Happy early Halloween, have a great month.

Last edited:
Welcome HC, can you give us an idea of the year this may have been ? 80s. 90s ? If it was during the time movies were on VCR tapes, I don’t lnow how they would fit in a game system. This is a strange story. Maybe talk with him again about it ! Thanks for sharing.

I have no idea of the game system

PicsArt_09-13-03.24.48.jpg
Welcome HC, can you give us an idea of the year this may have been ? 80s. 90s ? If it was during the time movies were on VCR tapes, I don’t lnow how they would fit in a game system. This is a strange story. Maybe talk with him again about it ! Thanks for sharing.

I have no idea of the game system

Yeah that's what I was thinking. There's no system besides the actual VCR to play VHS tapes. I'll call him up soon and ask him a few more questions. It was late 80's i believe. My dad is an old timer, he always got excited about new tech when i was a kid. Anyway I messaged my brother and he sent a pic he had from when he moved in his last place. He said he was planning on selling the games online and took a rough pic to try out his phone. There's one in the picture on his bed stand but I can't read it. I told him that and he said he just ended up storing them all in his storage container a block away and left them there when he moved. Here's the pic.

View attachment 14856
Okay so not on here too frequently but i thought this was friggin freaky (in a fun way).
So my dad called me up like three days ago to help him move stuff from the garage into a moving vehicle they were sending out to my brother (lazy dickhead) who was getting an apartment up in Maine. My dad needs my help with stuff like that because he's far to friggin old to manhandle it by himself and my mom isn't an option. Anyway I came over and we started popping boxes out of the garage. Then my dad starts freaking out when he finds my old tv (We used to have it in me and my brothers room). So he fumbles around with this little thing and starts to talk about some wierd stuff and he friggin asks me if i remember watching old scary movies on it. I had and have NO idea what he was talking about but he keeps going saying that every friday in october whrn we were younger hed rent a horror movie and he'd sit down in our room and watch it with us. I told him we never had a VCR so there was no friggin way we couldve just put a movie in. But then he said what really got me.
He said that he put it in our old game system. I asked him if he ment the Nintendo we'd had and he nodded but really half-assed, like he didnt really know what a nintendo was.
So a couple hours go by and were sitting at the dinner table having a couple of beers and he practically jumps out of his chair saying that the console he was talking about was called a "ddg-something tv system".
He said some really creepy shit, like "yeah yeah, it'd make the movies scarier. It would mess with the screen and the sound from the speakers." Anyway, freaky crap. He doodled it on his sketchpad and tossed it over to me and kept asking if i remembered the thing, and I didn't. I still don't and i think it's fantastically spooky. It looks more like a nintendo GAME then a console but it didn't exist anyway so you can see where I'm at. You guys wanna take a look? At the very least, Happy early Halloween, have a great month.

Is this what your father remembered? http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/search/object/nmah_1301997 We had a few different game consoles the first being pong the second was a motorcycle that jumped buses.

Please in future threads try and refrain from using curse words (as you described your brother) this forum is non controversial and we do not support the use of aggression to any level.
Welcome to the forum, some have a fear of Clowns I on the other hand am a juggalo.

Reactions: 7Critter
PicsArt_09-13-03.25.58.jpg
Is this what your father remembered? The Brown Box, 1967–68 We had a few different game consoles the first being pong the second was a motorcycle that jumped buses.

Please in future threads try and refrain from using curse words (as you described your brother) this forum is non controversial and we do not support the use of aggression to any level.
Welcome to the forum, some have a fear of Clowns I on the other hand am a juggalo.
Sorry about the cursing, force of habit. I can show him that link tomorrow when I go to see him and try to jog his memory. Thank you. I'm also gonna see if I can't swing by my brother before he goes back to maine and pop open that locker.

Reactions: Lynne
My brothers really getting touchy about this whole thing. He let me in the locker and then just whined the entire time. I didn't find the game but i also didn't find the console, which he knew he had packed. He gave me a bunch of guff about maybe losing it and then practically pushed out of the place. I'll show dad a few more thing it might be but my brother is being weird.

Reactions: Lynne
My brothers really getting touchy about this whole thing. He let me in the locker and then just whined the entire time. I didn't find the game but i also didn't find the console, which he knew he had packed. He gave me a bunch of guff about maybe losing it and then practically pushed out of the place. I'll show dad a few more thing it might be but my brother is being weird.

Last edited by a moderator: