Open Lines Music for stoners

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/06/25/dj-gary-ganja-hopes-to-hit-new-high-with-music-for-stoners/

DENVER (CBS4)– It claims to be the first radio station of its kind in the United States and its getting a lot of different listeners.

“We’re like 420 friendly, we play music for stoners, we have marijuana comedy, this summer we’re giving away trips to Amsterdam and Jamaica,” Gary Ganja said as he started a show in mid-June.

The radio station at Smokin’ 94.1, which includes DJ’s named Mary Jane, Ed Blaze, Stoney Reynolds and the owner Gary Ganja, started on June first. Its marijuana themed from what goes out over-the-air down to the décor inside the office space and, for now, it’s still commercial free.

“I had a lady call me the other day from Philadelphia, and somebody else called from LA, and they listen to the radio station from work. I said why do you listen to us and they said our radio stations are boring it seems like you guys are having a good time,” Gary says.

He says he spent nearly a million dollars to buy an old sports-talk station, about $100,000 on new equipment and started playing classic rock, reggae and comedy acts. The station has seven employees with hopes to expand up to about a dozen. Smoking isn’t allowed while DJs are on-air.

“We bought the station to put the fun back in radio which is what we’re doing,” Gary says. “The individual, the mom and pop radio station doesn’t exist.

gary-ganja.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________

420 hits in a row...commercial free? Yeah, may listen in!

LOL - "Smoking isn’t allowed while DJs are on-air." Yeah, but in the break-room, the bathroom, the car, and anywhere else is A-okay, mon! :p

Wow, nearly $1.1 million - maybe Gary Ganja was under the influence?? :D

Reactions: Debi and surge
I applaud these guys! In a time when cookie cutter, corporate radio is dominant, it's great to see people willing to go out on a limb and invest their own money to get the type of station they want!

Reactions: Debi and Seahunter