Movie Titles

I believe that was based on a Clive Cussler book. I read everything i could find then on Titanic. So was natural for me to watch the film lol.
It was. After it bombed, Clive was quoted as saying that 'It would have been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!' Despite the horrid performance, a beautiful, 55-foot-long steel and fiberglass model was constructed, weighing 10 tons and being left to rust away after filming. That was somebody's craftsmanship that went totally to waste. The superstructure has collapsed into the hull and it's a complete loss.

There's been an interest in restoration, but it's going to be interesting to see if that gets off the ground.
That was always something that gets forgotten. Before CGI people built those props by hand and the amount of craftsmanship is amazing. Nice to see films still being made with pure hands on work and not graphics. I'm sure it takes talent to generate computer scenes so not knocking them, but to know someone crafted things by hand is awesome.

That was always something that gets forgotten. Before CGI people built those props by hand and the amount of craftsmanship is amazing. Nice to see films still being made with pure hands on work and not graphics. I'm sure it takes talent to generate computer scenes so not knocking them, but to know someone crafted things by hand is awesome.
There is a surviving model from a 1953 film that was safely tucked away and was on display at a museum in Fall River, MA. It still maybe there. And it maybe one of the few if not only surviving models from before all the CGI nonsense.