News Mother Nature's artwork on display.

Marion Zimmer Bradley wrote a series called Darkover. In her created word, Darkover had already gone thro what we are now and they almost destroyed their planet and all the animals with their version of war and over-hunting. The survivors then agreed to something called the "Compact". The Compact required that it was illegal to hunt anything with other than bow and arrow, and illegal to fight anyone with something longer than two reaches of the arm. In this way, her humans were required to look directly into the eyes and soul of whatever, or whoever, they wished to kill. I think that might take the "joy" and sport out of hunting, and cut down the murder/wars. If anyone violated the Compact, they received whatever they dealt to the other.

sounds like my kinda thing. I prefer the closeness, it makes you appreciate your meal rather than mixing it up into hamburger helper and tossing the scraps in the garbage. It's not a heartless thing, I'd be devestated to have to kill, but the emotional energy created forthwith would only strengthen your bond with nature, in my opinion.

World's smallest deer species born at N.Y. zoo

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbe...es-born-at-ny-zoo/ar-BBkQvyk?ocid=ansnewsap11

BBkQvJc.img
© Julie Larsen Maher/Wildlife Conservation Society/AP In this May 27, 2015 photo provided by the Wildlife Conservation Society, a southern pudu fawn walks in its enclosure at the Queens Zoo in New York. The male sout…
NEW YORK — A tiny deer is generating a giant dose of cuteness in New York City.

The Wildlife Conservation Society sent out a baby announcement Monday. It's a boy!

The southern pudu (POO'-doo) fawn — the world's smallest deer species — was born May 12 at the Queens Zoo.

The fawn is still nursing but soon will be munching on leaves, grain, kale, carrots and hay.

The white spots on his soft brown fur will disappear as he grows up.

In his case, though, "growing up" won't be much of a vertical process.

Southern pudus tend to be around a foot tall at the shoulder.

When they're born, they're only 6 inches high — and weigh less than a pound.

When I hunt, and it is very very rarely (actually I would like to hunt more, I consider myself a survivalist and need the practice), I only use a bow and arrow. It brings out a more primal feeling to the hunt. A silent prayer of thanks is given to the creature before I attempt, and usually fail (because it runs away) to take it down.
I personally would much rather hunt a creature, and know that I have earned my meal, and personally thank the beast for it's sacrifice, then consume Unnamed Bovine #82719283, whose soul purpose in life was to stand around and end up in a package for Johnny America to grab off a shelf.
These days a lot of our food is synthetic, and cows are an example- except they still have souls locked up in there. Pretty soon that Petri dish meat will be on the market. I wouldn't eat that if I were starving just like I won't eat fish grown in tanks. I eat an animal or plant to consume its energy and the energy of tortured or synthetic lifeless things is just not in my interest. I rarely eat meat now because of this, unless I know it was hunted well, and honored, or that it was raised by someone I personally know & honored. It's sad it has come to this, I do have a voracious appetite for meat at times, but I simply cannot bring myself to consume bad vibes. If everything is an energy exchange no good comes of taking in anxiety, pain, etc. I feel enough of that around me on a typical day, I don't need to add to it.

World's smallest deer species born at N.Y. zoo

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbe...es-born-at-ny-zoo/ar-BBkQvyk?ocid=ansnewsap11

BBkQvJc.img
© Julie Larsen Maher/Wildlife Conservation Society/AP In this May 27, 2015 photo provided by the Wildlife Conservation Society, a southern pudu fawn walks in its enclosure at the Queens Zoo in New York. The male sout…
NEW YORK — A tiny deer is generating a giant dose of cuteness in New York City.

The Wildlife Conservation Society sent out a baby announcement Monday. It's a boy!

The southern pudu (POO'-doo) fawn — the world's smallest deer species — was born May 12 at the Queens Zoo.

The fawn is still nursing but soon will be munching on leaves, grain, kale, carrots and hay.

The white spots on his soft brown fur will disappear as he grows up.

In his case, though, "growing up" won't be much of a vertical process.

Southern pudus tend to be around a foot tall at the shoulder.

When they're born, they're only 6 inches high — and weigh less than a pound.
Can you imagine these running around with a few chihuahuas lol.

Reactions: Debi