morbid mistake

ghostkind

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
when i was 18 i was taking college classes at night. there was a guy who wasn't in my classes but I saw him in the hallway a lot and i thought i knew his name.

over the week-end a guy with that name was killed in a car accident. i pictured this guy in my mind and felt so bad because he seemed like a real sweet bookworm. back in class on monday or tuesday (forget what schedule i had) i was sitting with some girls waiting for class to start when that bookworm stuck his head in the door smiling and said something to someone in the class.

i almost died.

i said to the girl next to me "that guy is DEAD!"

she smiled and said "he's not dead."

i think she knew i thought he was the guy that was killed.

i still get a creepy feeling when i think about it. i never looked at that bookworm the same again. i was even afraid of him.

has anything like that ever happened to you?

I went to the wrong funeral once. Turns out there were two funeral homes about a mile apart in a area of town I wasn't all that familiar with. I walked into the viewing room, got in line to pay my respects at the casket, and realized once I got there I had no idea who I was looking at. The grieving widow and her son were standing just to the left of the casket, so I had no choise but to speak to them as I moved away. I offered my condolences, and thankfully they didn't asked how I knew the deceased. I then milled around for ten minutes or so before leaving and going on to the correct funeral home.

Last edited:
That's funny! There were two girls I grew up with. They were inseparable and I thought I knew their names. Amber and Kim........ thing is I thought Kim was Amber and vice versa. So when I went to ask Amber out I called her Kim............ What an idiot........

That's funny! There were two girls I grew up with. They were inseparable and I thought I knew their names. Amber and Kim........ thing is I thought Kim was Amber and vice versa. So when I went to ask Amber out I called her Kim............ What an idiot........
maybe they got that a lot. lol.

We kept an earn with the ashes of a family member in our kitchen cupboard.

One summer, we swapped the house with another family for a couple of weeks.

The family did enjoy staying at our house.
The only comment was, "That tea in your cupboard tasted very strange".

We kept an earn with the ashes of a family member in our kitchen cupboard.

One summer, we swapped the house with another family for a couple of weeks.

The family did enjoy staying at our house.
The only comment was, "That tea in your cupboard tasted very strange".
did that really happen???