Miracles or Magik?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naked Apple

Anam Cara
Reaction score
We are all familiar with stories in the Bible of miracles. But recently I had a conversation with someone regarding whether those were miracles or...witchcraft...or magik, or whatever you may want to call it. The example that was given to me was when Moses threw his staff on the floor and it turned into a snake. Growing up in Catholic school, the take on this story that we were taught was God turned it to a snake for Moses so Moses could influence the Pharrow. But could Moses have been a practitioner of white magic if he knew how to harness the power?

What's your take on it?

related article:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/how-moses-could-have-parted-the-red-sea/ar-BBgr2Du

Reactions: Speedbird
One of my favorite genres to read has always been epic fantasy, and the Bible has many of the elements found in fantasy fiction. There is even a series of fantasy novels written by Brian Godawa which feature Biblical characters. Could Moses have used some white magic to do the things the Bible says he did? I think so.

Reactions: Naked Apple
Magic is nothing more than harnessing the natural power/energy that is found within the universe. The Creator made this universe with these powers available to all of us, and, as I've said before, science will eventually catch up with this fact. Another scenario: The Red Sea parted. OK, so science has already said it's possible a "natural" act caused this to happen. Probably so! The holy "magic" in this is the TIMING! Then there's the whole water into wine thing, walking on water, and feeding a whole lot of people with a basket of fish. Some call it "miracles", others see it as white "magic." Either way, it's all possible. Come on, muggles...it's more than "coincidence." :)

NO NO AND NO ! God directed his energy through Moses as a conduit to change whatever , wether it be animal or mineral ! God spoke to Moses and directed him verbally which no one else would hear because of the frequency used to communicate , animals cannot hear this frequency , only Moses would hear God's words ! If you must know ..... God's words hang in the air as far as the eye can see in each and every direction yet no one else can hear his words , not even todays technology can pick up on the airwaves God's words , the frequency is unheard of on this Earth ! People who state that God spoke to them , ask them to describe exactly what occurred , if it is not as I have described then they need professional help ! If on the other hand you are asleep , then spiritually communication's between the realms do exist (dreams) , again you have to ask why would God interrupt his day to communicate to someone who is not within the circle , Angels can and do this all the time on behalf of God .

NO NO AND NO ! God directed his energy through Moses as a conduit to change whatever , wether it be animal or mineral ! God spoke to Moses and directed him verbally which no one else would hear because of the frequency used to communicate , animals cannot hear this frequency , only Moses would hear God's words ! If you must know ..... God's words hang in the air as far as the eye can see in each and every direction yet no one else can hear his words , not even todays technology can pick up on the airwaves God's words , the frequency is unheard of on this Earth ! People who state that God spoke to them , ask them to describe exactly what occurred , if it is not as I have described then they need professional help ! If on the other hand you are asleep , then spiritually communication's between the realms do exist (dreams) , again you have to ask why would God interrupt his day to communicate to someone who is not within the circle , Angels can and do this all the time on behalf of God .
Perhaps I should have mentioned that ALL of this energy IS God?

Perhaps I should have mentioned that ALL of this energy IS God?
No ! there is an abundance of energy which can be utilized if one knows how to harness it , that's a completely different scenario altogether , in today's world people still do not understand or comprehend all that is out there , the Universe ! Heck ,people do not even understand themselves .

No ! there is an abundance of energy which can be utilized if one knows how to harness it , that's a completely different scenario altogether , in today's world people still do not understand or comprehend all that is out there , the Universe ! Heck ,people do not even understand themselves .
OK, I thought the two were of one source? Perhaps it's a bit of semantics here? Either way, always willing to learn!

Last edited:
OK, I thought the two were of one source? Perhaps it's a bit of semantics here? Either way, always willing to learn!
As we grow , hopefully wisdom follows suit . The concept of Earth when created was to allow people to connect not only with the Realms but also within themselves , to understand the who , what, where, why , of their existence and why life is so important . Everyone is connected though some choose to be in denial and as such they lose the connection or I should say the signal becomes weaker , free will allows anyone to choose whichever direction they wish to follow . Throughout the ages , people have tapped into these frequencies and found that it can be manipulated , for good or bad !

Reactions: Debi
Status
Not open for further replies.