Millenial passage of Time

jadamz

the Countess
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
This millennial's relatable tweet about time is blowing people's minds

uploads%252Fcard%252Fimage%252F1010143%252Fcd5a4a14-6634-4596-908b-8927a7504557.jpg%252F950x534__filters%253Aquality%252880%2529.jpg

IMAGE: GETTY IMAGES

If you've ever found yourself confused when a colleague tells you they were born in the late '90s (how are they even old enough to be working?!), or wondering how it can possibly be summer already when we've only just had Christmas, then good news — you're not alone.

I distinctly remember that in grade school, when I was in a hurry or not fully focused, that when I was writing down a date I would often write down the year before. I would make this error sometimes until early spring. So if it was actually 4/1/1975, I would write down 4/1/1974. This may have been attributable to my sense of time back then when days seemed like weeks or even months. Perhaps psychologically I had not yet caught up with the current physical year.

Over the past several years, I have noticed an inversion in this relationship. Now a year can seem like a few weeks or months have passed. I remember very distinctly catching myself on at least a couple of occasions actually writing down the next year beginning in late fall. So if it was actually 11/1/2018, I would start writing down 11/1/2019. As a result I have become very conscious and deliberate when writing down dates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
I wonder if while our solar system is moving through space if time itself changes rate. We know time and space are related. I however, see it as we all have that time jar of sand, like the game timer. As the sand moves through the small funnel it starts out slowly and as time passes the rate of decent quickens. I see our youth as the full side on top and our older age with the full side on the bottom.

I had an inspiration one day when asking god about precognition and time. I think my answer was inspired but I will leave it up to you to decide. The picture I got was very similar to the one shown above. Time was represented as a spiral and our lives and time periods were in between the spaces of the spiral. God or creator was viewing time from the top and could see all time past and present. Now a spiral is larger at the top and as it progress downward the space between time gets smaller. This makes me wonder about time itself and why it may be moving faster and why we are seeing through the vail much more. Perhaps the time lines are so close now because we are reaching the bottom of the spiral. When or if we reach the bottom is that where time stops and infinity begins. Food for thought. Just kicking around some ideas.

Food for thought. Just kicking around some ideas.

A realization I am always confronted with is how slowly time seems to go by when I am bored and how quickly time goes by when I am enjoying myself. This seems true no matter where I am on the timeline of my life.

Reactions: Paintman